The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
8,390 Posts
Tractor Supply sells a bug repellent for goats. It comes as a concentrate that you mix with water, or one you use straight. I will look at the name on the
bottle tomorrow morning when I go out and milk and try to remember to post it here!
I spray it on their backs, bellies and legs then carefully wipe it on their faces and ears. It does help, but since I live in the woods and
we have had lots of rain this year, it will be put to the test! I do not know if you can use a repellent that is used for cattle or horses. Maybe someone
else will know.

·
Registered
17,285 Posts
Citronella oil works great and smells awesome, or fly spray. I have even used OFF bug spray, the deep woods scent smells really good, lol. Just don't put it on sensitve areas, I don't know if it will irritate those areas

·
Registered
39 Posts
What is recommended for a Nubian goat I am currently milking? The Mosquitos are so bad this summer. This is my first dairy goat. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
I use Bronco for the goats and dogs. It works great. When I am milking, I burn a citronella thing that helps keep them away from me and the does on the milk stand and the pickett line.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts