Most Beautiful Goat Contest in Saudi Arabia -- Look at these

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by CountryGalwGoats, Sep 22, 2008.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    ok - now that was a bit disturbing - :shocked:

2. Pheonix08

Pheonix08 New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Western N.Y.
    Thats horrible, why would we love it?

3. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Um, I didn't care for that too much, very disturbing. . . .

4. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Yeah, I don't know why we would love that...it's really disturbing to look at that. I feel kinda bad for those goats too. Ummmm...yeah.

5. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    they all have like.. parrot mouth.. ewww.. i would win

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I do believe that the "love this" was said as a smarty comment - I know she did not mean it like we really would "love it".

I do not understand why people would intentionally breed for deformaties. I would honestly love to do a necropsy on one and really investigate what went genetically wrong. It reminds me alot of clef pallet.

7. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    That is sooooo ugly-Yuck!!!! They look wierd-Could you imagine seeing one of those in your yard??? OMG!!!! It's a sasquatch!!!!Get it!!! :ROFL:

8. CountryGalwGoats

CountryGalwGoats New Member

Yes, I meant "love this"! But you know -- they REALLY think they are beautiful! Isn't that something? They are like that there, I guess?!

Anyway, I "loved" the article!
    :)

9. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    That was strange! Can't imagine why they think that is pretty! Eek! :shocked:

10. heavenlyhaven

heavenlyhaven Senior Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Belmont, NY
    it's what they are used to seeing
    who knows
    they could look at our goats and think they were ugly
    the face is "nature made"
    the ears do bother me tho...

11. CountryGalwGoats

CountryGalwGoats New Member

I am a counselor, remember? I try to be nice -- and -- this is my first post -- so be kind -- to me --

:wave:

I am LOVING this site!

12. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I have come across these goats before....They are an actual breed over there and have been around for years...they certainly aren't "easy on the eyes" and it does make you wonder how they can eat. The ears though have been cropped on those ones as they are born with Nubian like ears.

It is disturbing to see that those "faults" are an actual sought after trait, but I would imagine that any foreigner seeing our goats would see them as odd....LaManchas being an example, they are a perfectly normal dairy goat to most of us...but a foreigner may see it as an oddity that they are bred to have the dairy character as well as no external ears.

We learn something new everyday. :greengrin:

No worries CountryGal....Thank you for opening the door to another world of "different" goaties

13. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    that was so horrible to see.....I do not see lamancha's with deformities ,just unique .......and we do not breed in deformaties ,lamancha'a are a very healthy breed,............ what I see with the saudia Arabia way.......... is a very unhealthy deformed animal that is mistreated everytime it is bred..........and has to live that way.........that is animal abuse in every way.............. and doing it on purpose,,that is just wrong......... :tears: :cry: :(

...........I am so saddened

14. heavenlyhaven

heavenlyhaven Senior Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Belmont, NY
    country gal
    no worries mate
    thank you for opening my eyes to yet a new version of the world as i know it
    i like to learn new things and to see different cultures
    thanx again

15. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Isn't it nice to see that everything can be loved? No matter how ugly some people they they are, there is always someone to love them. :leap:

16. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

I didn't mean this example as an offense to the breed....it was an example of how they( a foreigner) might see "our" goats :(

17. Candy

Candy New Member

This just got me to thinking---I look at goats with no external ears and see beauty---I look at goats with extra teats and find no fault---I see goats that fall over at a loud noise and see laughter and love---I look at large goats and small goats and find them very eye-pleasing.
    I was born and raised in the USA.
    BUT
    If I was born and raised in Saudi Arabia I would see beauty in the goats I knew and loved. I guess it's a matter of understanding and tolerance of things and people and animals that are different. Thank you for showing me a different way to see things.
    Hugs to all, :grouphug: , Candy

18. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    yep countrygal, your opening our eyes to different cultures, and getting to read every ones views on it.

I was drinking milk, and when i saw those pics i spit a little on the keyboard. I cant really call them gorgeous, or pretty, and it does make me wonder how they actually eat! hmm, dont really know what to think.

19. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I didn't mean to offend you CountryGal, it's just interesting. . . . very interesting. :) I would have never known that goats like these existed, so thanks for sharing. Actually, when I first saw them, I thought they were dead, stuffed goats and people put things inside to make them look so misformed or something. Anywho, I didn't mean to hurt you, if I did. :hug: