Most Common Date to Kid on (Ex. Day 145?)

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by marie_martin, Feb 25, 2008.

1. marie_martin

marie_martin Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Grenada, Mississippi
    I am on day 141 with one doe and a couple more to go after that, I hope. Just wondering, with nigerians, what day do they most often go on. Is it usually closer to day 145 or 150 or what. Thanks. Just wondering.

Marie

2. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Both of my does went on 147. So I would say between 145 and 150.

3. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    With the remark that I am nowhere as experienced as many here, mine have been right on 150-154. Each doe seems to do the same after the first time.
    I wonder if breed makes a difference.

4. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I have nigis, so the mini breeds usually kid earlier that the standard breeds. I too have noticed the does kidding on the same day each year.

5. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Sorry- didn't seen the catagory- mine are Boers- not appropiate to your question.

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    All I can remember is Aspen (nigerian) and she kidded on day 147. I don't think I had exact breeding dates for the others so that is probably why I don't know the exact day.

7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Now I am starting my first kidding season this year and the doe that delivered for me in January was day 143. She took me way off guard!

I have always heard that mini's tend to go sooner - but I do not have exat due dates on my others.

Allison

8. Sara

Sara New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Ellensburg, WA
    My Nigerian doe went on day 146, and I know someone who's doe likes to go on 143 or 142.

9. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    My girls have all gone on day 145 with the exception of Tilly who had triplets on day 142. Both Bootsie and Tilly are my originals and Tilly's FF she went on day 146, 2nd 148 and 3rd at 144...each with twins. The longest Bootsie has gone was her last kidding with a single at 150 days. The other 2 does, one is a young FF and the other had kidded w/ her previous owner but I don't know what day she went on. It's funny because I had posted the same question a few months ago, trying to get a "medium" on what the average day was for a mini....they vary but as your does kid in years to come you will get an idea of when they will go.

10. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Normally mine tended to wait till around 147-148 but this year we've had some even earlier.

So far this year we've had

147 ~ Contredanse 2nd freshener
    147 ~ Daisy 1st freshener
    145 ~ Pots 2nd freshener
    145 ~ Civil 3rd freshener
    147 ~ Minuet 1st freshener
    148 ~ Blossom 2nd freshener
    147 ~ Hera 1st freshener

Civil and Blossom were almost a day before as they kidded just after midnight. So Civil was almost 144 and Blossom almost 147.