The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
With the remark that I am nowhere as experienced as many here, mine have been right on 150-154. Each doe seems to do the same after the first time.
I wonder if breed makes a difference.

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
All I can remember is Aspen (nigerian) and she kidded on day 147. I don't think I had exact breeding dates for the others so that is probably why I don't know the exact day.

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
My girls have all gone on day 145 with the exception of Tilly who had triplets on day 142. Both Bootsie and Tilly are my originals and Tilly's FF she went on day 146, 2nd 148 and 3rd at 144...each with twins. The longest Bootsie has gone was her last kidding with a single at 150 days. The other 2 does, one is a young FF and the other had kidded w/ her previous owner but I don't know what day she went on. It's funny because I had posted the same question a few months ago, trying to get a "medium" on what the average day was for a mini....they vary but as your does kid in years to come you will get an idea of when they will go.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Normally mine tended to wait till around 147-148 but this year we've had some even earlier.

So far this year we've had

147 ~ Contredanse 2nd freshener
147 ~ Daisy 1st freshener
145 ~ Pots 2nd freshener
145 ~ Civil 3rd freshener
147 ~ Minuet 1st freshener
148 ~ Blossom 2nd freshener
147 ~ Hera 1st freshener

Civil and Blossom were almost a day before as they kidded just after midnight. So Civil was almost 144 and Blossom almost 147.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts