The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you could only choose a subscription to ONE of these, which one would it be and WHY?

I'm trying to choose, but having a hard time;).

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
i didnt know grit was still in business! i"m excited! i guess you know my answer. i was a die hard mother earth fan for many years. so if your interests are more farm related then go with mother earth. grit is (or at least was) a little more rounded.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i didnt know grit was still in business! i"m excited! i guess you know my answer. i was a die hard mother earth fan for many years. so if your interests are more farm related then go with mother earth. grit is (or at least was) a little more rounded.
Yep, it's still in business! Thanks for your input:).

Anyone else care to chime in?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just got the newest Mother Earth News after a couple years without...not super impressed. I'm gonna cancel and get grit :)
Grit seems like more all over farming. Mother Earth News didnt have much in the way of livestock info. Mostly gardening stuff
Ok, I think that I will go with Grit then. Thanks:)!

·
Look for me in the barn...
1,074 Posts
We just started getting Grit, and I really like it. My library has copies of Mother Earth News so I usually check them out there - yours might too, then you could get the best of both worlds!

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
I didn't know Grit was still in business either! My dad sold these as a kid if it is the same thing. He walked to sell them. He called it the Grit paper though, I am definitely going to ask him if it is the same thing and if it is he is getting a subscription to it from me!

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
My dad is 82! He sold these when he was a little boy. I would say younger than 12. Because he drove to Michigan in a Model A when he was 15 to pick apples and send the money back to his dad and mom and younger siblings. He told me stories about walking to sell the Grit paper. I just ordered him a subscription, it is the same paper/magazine. He told me when I asked about it, "It was out of Kansas, but I haven't seen one in years" sure enough this is out of Topeka, Kansas. I told him well it is a magazine now. He said "I'd like to see one", He doesn't know I have ordered him a subscription. Let it be a surprise for him! :cool: woohoo I am excited about this! Thank you to the original poster for bringing it up! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts