The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I sell goat milk soap and have been invited to a festival on December 4th. My doe is in heat today and I’m trying to figure out if I can breed her (her two babies were with some goats a few months ago and I’m trying to find out if those goats were CAE negative.)
If I can breed her, we’re all good. But if I can’t, she’ll go into heat again around December 1st. Would it be ok to breed her and then bring her to the festival a few days later? Is that too risky? I really don’t want to risk abortion. She’s a pretty chill goat and seems to be fine in new surroundings, as long as I’m with her.
Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
32,171 Posts
Any stress can interfere with pregnancy. If she is used to traveling that makes it less risky. There is no guarantee either way. With that said, many travel to get ther girls bred and travel home the same day.

Reactions: MadHouse

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shoot. Ok, my doe needs to be tested for CAE before she can be bred. We travel to breed, last year it was almost 2 hours there and back, this year it’s a little over an hour. I’ll just have to hope she comes into heat the day after the festival!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts