Moving pregnant goats, and does with kids

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Nubiansrus1, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Nubiansrus1

Nubiansrus1 New Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Hello everyone,

We are moving on the 23rd of this month. Not far away only about ten miles... but Im concerned about moving my pregnant does, and does with kids. How have you found is the least stressful way to move them? Should I move the does all together with there kids? Or should I move the kids by themselves without the moms so I dont have to worry about a stress doe horning one? [yes some of my goats have horns] Also will moving a pregnant doe even a short distance stress them out to much? They are gonna give birth anyday now... less then a month out on 6 does. This move was unplanned... blah. Give me your hints and experiences as far as making this as stressless for them as I can.

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I would move mom's and babies together for sure, if possible move all the goats together if that is possible.

I think becasue you are only going 10 miles that will not be a problem. I would give therpregnant ones some Nutri Drench before you load them. It helps with the stress. I also use rescue remedy.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree with ..Lori ...she has great advice..... :greengrin: :thumb:

4. CrossCreekTX

CrossCreekTX New Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Central East Texas
    I've moved pg does further without any problems. Don't stress over it too much, they'll be fine.

5. Nubiansrus1

Nubiansrus1 New Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Ok thank you for the responses. Im a worry wart when it comes to my babies[ my animals] lol

My real kids hate that Im even more protective of them lol