moving soon

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Thanatos, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    I will soon be moving from Az to the Dunmore, Pa area. I need some advice on how to transport the goats(more than in a trailer :shades: ) And I will need to find some one with a good Nubian buck to breed my girls to and a nigerian buck for the littles, they arent registered or regiterable, i just want to breed for freezer camp for them.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I dont know of PA breeders but you wont be far from the NJ boarder so you can do some searches for breeders in NJ. I would be aprox 2 hours and 45 min south of you. I know people who are in north/central NJ who may know people who are further north etc. So as teh time gets closer ask around and I maybe able to help you too.

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Well when I do a long road trip, first thing is I give them Nutra drench for three days before we leave, then I also give Rescue Remedy to them. I always keep the Probiotic hand on the trip.

Stop several places along the way and let them out to walk around, some county fair area will allow you to use there place. Take your time and they will be fine.

4. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    I was told by Lunas original owner that I sould give a vit-b shot the day before.

5. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    some rest stops have a doggy area :thumb:

6. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    Oh yeah and do chickens travel in dog crates ok? or should I use something else?

7. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    a dog crate should be fine.

8. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    well if my boss dose not weithr either of our new guys we might have a buck nigerian. i think she might keep one a buck