The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday we moved to a new pasture to clear brush and weeds and I thought, why not document the move with a few clips taken with my iphone - hence the poor quality.

I realise that our rural environment is a poor substitute to the great outdoors that you have but I like it here and - for Germany - it's really remote and thinly populated and one can have a lot of fun when out with the animals without meeting anybody.

We had to cross through two villages which I only filmed very brief, keeping my attention on the goats but I think we made the day for a very old lady which we passed in the first village on her Sunday morning walk. She just stood rapt, repeating "how beautiful". I so hope that this is something she can think back to and remember her younger days.

Enjoy the video and please excuse my comments, throat-clearing, etc. I tried to lay a audio track but youtube seems to have problems with that.

I also realised, though I have often written about our goats that you never saw the whole herd, only the packers. So, here there are!

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
we had a blast. The weather was ideal for this kind of thing and - as we all know - goats love to explore.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it's getting colder, yes. But hopefully we still have several weeks of good fall weather coming :). This year was a very strange one. Goats didn't change coats before end of June and some went over the top (the older ones mostly) and almost went bald. And now they're already producing winter coats again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts