Moving!

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by RunAround, May 24, 2009.

1. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Only a few of you know but I am moving at the end of the month. It's another rental, but this house has a barn with it so no more driving to the barn!!! :cool: It's about 2 hours away from our old house near the CT border.

My mom and I went up Saturday to put up fencing and check things over again. I got lots of pictures!

Lets start with the house. Looking at it from the garage, over the car:
    [​IMG]

Standing on the porch and looking down at the garage. Past that is the barn:
    [​IMG]

First stall in the barn looking up at the garage and house:
    [​IMG]

More of the stall:
    [​IMG]

Standing next to the first stall and looking down the short hallway of the barn. Straight ahead will be two more stalls. A kidding pen and separation stall.

[​IMG]

Pictures of the neato electric fence and huge pasture they are going to have:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am really excited to have the goats at the house!! And there is ton's of room in the barn for the goats. It needs a lot of work, but thats ok. I've got the time. :leap:

2. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Look at all that wonderful green stuff! It is just beautiful!

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh it looks so nice! I am super excited for you - but you know that already :D

4. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Question :? .....when moving goats into new area, do you comb the area for poisionous plants? I have woods that I would love to take my boys out to, for a walk.... but I'm afraid of them eating something they shouldn't.

Love your new home, your goats should be very happy! Love that fencing! :leap:

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    very nice home..........you and your goats.....should be happy there.......... :greengrin:

6. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Very nice place, runaround! I think both you and the goaties will be very happy there :)

Most of the stuff growing in our area that is hazardous to goats are ornamental plants in landscaping. I let my goats browse on their own and have never had any issues with them eating something bad. I take them in the woods and all over the place...they do like poison ivy though--it doesn't hurt them, but if you pet them after they've gotten into it, the oils can transfer to your skin and you can get it. :angry:

I've seen nightshade before, but that doesn't seem to grow in the woods...the only place I've ever seen it is along fence rows in partially shaded areas. When I see it, I pull it out at the roots and get rid of it...however, I know the goats have been around it and had no interest in eating it. That's the good thing about browsers...they are very choicy about what they eat when there is a lot available.

7. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    in the woods what you need to watch for mostly is: mountain Laurel & wild cherry

Like FRF said most everything else that is poisonous are decrative shrubs. (Yew, Rodies, azealas etc)

8. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I looked around at what we fenced in and there wasn't anything really bad that I could find besides poison ivy.... and lots of it. But I'm not too worried. They have lots of browse as well as hay and grain so they shouldn't be tempted to eat anything that isn't good for them.

I also let them browse all the time at the current place and they haven't killed themselves with anything yet. *Knocks on wood*

9. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    That looks like you are going to have a lot of fun and so will the goats. It is beautiful. Congratulation.

10. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Oh geeze! I wont have internet available from this friday till June 8th!!!!!! :GAAH: :GAAH: :GAAH: :GAAH: :GAAH:

I've got a show and does kidding between then so wish me luck. I will try to get on via wireless places.

11. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    That is a long time to wait for internet..... :(

Good luck at the show....hope you win big time.... :pray: :thumbup:

and happy kidding... :pray: :thumbup:

12. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    will you have a house phone? I will need that number ;)

13. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Ashley! What a beautiful home! For you and your goaties!

Good luck with the shows and healthy kiddings for your momma's to be!

14. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Phew, well I figured out a way to get dial up until I can get the dsl back up once it goes off on friday. So I still will be able to get on. BUT it takes forever to load a page!! lol

15. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    ahhh 56k rage :angry: NEVER AGAIN for me :greengrin: I would rather be w/o internet.

16. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Ick, it's terrible, but it's something. The stupid phone company kept trying to sell me "Bundles." "You can get a free three month trial of ------ and after three months it costs $$$$$" Let me think about it.... hmm.... NO! :angry: I don't know how many times I had to tell her I wasn't going to buy anything extra. :roll:

17. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    you can still chat on MSN though with dial up and it isnt slow to do that - just dont try to do more then one thing at a time ;)

18. grandmajo

grandmajo New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Pioneer, Ohio
    Ashley, the house is so cute, and what a great new place for your goaties. And it will be so nice for you to be able to look out from the house and see them!

19. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I am so excited!!! Still need to get a door on one of the stalls! Going over there today to fix up some more things.

20. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Ashley, I a m so excited for you. I bet you would not have time to get on here because you will be so busy getting things fixed up. I bet the goats are going to be in heaven there. It looks so cute and comfy already.