The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
This photo is from a 2-week old buckling that I have been giving Molly's herbal dewormer as a preventive for the past 4 days because I had a minor coccidia outbreak in a different set of kids recently (not technically diagnosed, but I talked to my vet on the phone and he said it sounded like coccidia to him and to go ahead and treat with Corid for 5 days, so I treated those kids) Now I am wondering if I overdid it with the herbs and that caused the mucus in his poop? Or if he has a high coccidia / worm load? I don't want to give him Corid if I don't have to because I think it might cause more irritation and make everything worse. What do you think caused the mucus in his poop? How should I treat it? He is eating well and hopping around like normal.
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hi,
This photo is from a 2-week old buckling that I have been giving Molly's herbal dewormer as a preventive for the past 4 days because I had a minor coccidia outbreak in a different set of kids recently (not technically diagnosed, but I talked to my vet on the phone and he said it sounded like coccidia to him and to go ahead and treat with Corid for 5 days, so I treated those kids) Now I am wondering if I overdid it with the herbs and that caused the mucus in his poop? Or if he has a high coccidia / worm load? I don't want to give him Corid if I don't have to because I think it might cause more irritation and make everything worse. What do you think caused the mucus in his poop? How should I treat it? He is eating well and hopping around like normal.
Thanks!
Oh wow... ew! I’m so sorry no one has responded to this. Ummm... I have never dealt with anything like this, but I just switched from Molly’s dewormer to Land of Havilah. I heard the Molly’s is not the best, and to tell you honestly, from my own experience, I have not had the best results. Sorry I don’t have any more advice...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh wow... ew! I’m so sorry no one has responded to this. Ummm... I have never dealt with anything like this, but I just switched from Molly’s dewormer to Land of Havilah. I heard the Molly’s is not the best, and to tell you honestly, from my own experience, I have not had the best results. Sorry I don’t have any more advice...
Thanks for responding!
I have had success using Molly's dewormer in my adult does but maybe I should try Land of Havilah, it's probably a good idea to switch it up anyway.

·
Super Moderator
32,154 Posts
We see this from time to time. Definitely A fecal won't hurt. Sometimes it's shedding as the herbs begin to work. Sort if cleaning them out. I'm a LOH fan here. Been using it for several years with success.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We see this from time to time. Definitely A fecal won't hurt. Sometimes it's shedding as the herbs begin to work. Sort if cleaning them out.
Thank you!
I wondered if the herbs were cleaning stuff out or irritating his intestines. I stopped giving the herbs, so we'll see if that makes a difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.