mucus discharge with pregnant does

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by jannerbanner, Mar 31, 2014.

1. jannerbanner

jannerbanner janice

Mar 31, 2014
    S. Oregon
    Last year was my first year to have kids. My one boer doe had a mucus discharge from about 2 months on. I was worried sick for the next 3 months, but all went well and she had two doelings. This year her and her two kids have a mucus discharge. It goes from creamy white to yellow to amber. It does not smell bad, but I am worried that something is strange with these does. They are all due in about 3 weeks, but they have had this discharge for more than a month. I have two other pregnant boer and they have no discharge. I would appreciate any opinions.
    Thank you,
    janice

2. canyontrailgoats

canyontrailgoats New Member

Jan 4, 2014
    western montana
    It's probably the mucus plug. They start losing it about two months from kidding, more or less. It's normal :) . As long as it isn't bloody or bad smelling, everything should be fine...

3. MsScamp

MsScamp New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Wyoming
    I agree with Canyontrails. Discharge is a normal part of being pregnant, and some does discharge more than others. The viscosity can also vary, as can the color. Unless it's bloody or smells bad, I wouldn't worry about it.

4. jannerbanner

jannerbanner janice

Mar 31, 2014
    S. Oregon
    Thank you, I feel much relieved. Do you think it is important to peel the dried goo off everyday? The goats really don't like it..ya think:shock:, but I worry that this sticky goo could be a host for infection.
    Thank you,
    janice