The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a doeling who will be 8 months on Nov 7th. Does not live with any bucks on the property. She has white muscus coming out of her vulva. What does this mean? I'm a newbie here so I have no idea! Acting normal, eating/drinking/pooping/peeing good. I got a pic of her rear end but it was right after she urinated so all the mucus that was on her vulva was gone but it builds back up in a short time.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Probably in heat.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do they come in heat this late? I thought she was in August cause she kept mounting her sister and me!!! And was making barking noises lol

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not all that sure. I need to learn more about the heat cycles and stuff like how often do they come into heat and how long does it last

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Mine are usually in heat for aprx 3 days, and come into heat aprx every 21 days. I have Nigerians though, so it might be a little different.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Boers are year round breeders. They stay in heat for a few days at a time and it happens every 18-21 days. Just like people, their cycles can vary. I have known some that were as close at 16 days and others as far as 23 days. But 18-21 is average.

While in heat watch for discharge, mountinf, tail flagging, smelling urine and being really loud.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
From August to January?
It could be from then to then but it all depends on the goat's breed. I know little to nothing about Boers, but if they're seasonal breeders that would seem about right. Either that or maybe it would be from August to December. I think how long it last can depend on the climate, the breed, the goat, or even the herd, but that would be the norm for a seasonal breeder.

If they're a year round breeder than they come into heat year round, almost every 21 days. Some come in sooner or later but it's always within a few days shy or over 21 days.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Y'all are awesome! I've always had wethers so never had to deal with this ! Since the two girls live together will they come into heat sound the same time like humans start to do ?

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I'm not sure on that. I've heard they will but never had does that were all old enough to come in at the sametime.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I was as to get a pic of her. Earlier is was a thicker mucous. I'm thinking she might be in heat now though because tonight she was fiesty, nipping my hands and clothes, jumping on me and her sister. (They are not blood sisters but were born a week apart so I call them stepsisters lol :) )

Attachments

·
2,203 Posts
Def heat!!

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
None of mine have ever bled while they are in heat. But I will tell you, my does that are on a normal heat pattern do come into heat around the same time as each other.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts