The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a doeling who will be 8 months on Nov 7th. Does not live with any bucks on the property. She has white muscus coming out of her vulva. What does this mean? I'm a newbie here so I have no idea! Acting normal, eating/drinking/pooping/peeing good. I got a pic of her rear end but it was right after she urinated so all the mucus that was on her vulva was gone but it builds back up in a short time.

· Registered
8,603 Posts
Mine are usually in heat for aprx 3 days, and come into heat aprx every 21 days. I have Nigerians though, so it might be a little different.

· Registered
3,499 Posts
Boers are year round breeders. They stay in heat for a few days at a time and it happens every 18-21 days. Just like people, their cycles can vary. I have known some that were as close at 16 days and others as far as 23 days. But 18-21 is average.

While in heat watch for discharge, mountinf, tail flagging, smelling urine and being really loud.

· Registered
1,694 Posts
From August to January?
It could be from then to then but it all depends on the goat's breed. I know little to nothing about Boers, but if they're seasonal breeders that would seem about right. Either that or maybe it would be from August to December. I think how long it last can depend on the climate, the breed, the goat, or even the herd, but that would be the norm for a seasonal breeder.

If they're a year round breeder than they come into heat year round, almost every 21 days. Some come in sooner or later but it's always within a few days shy or over 21 days.

· Registered
8,603 Posts
None of mine have ever bled while they are in heat. But I will tell you, my does that are on a normal heat pattern do come into heat around the same time as each other.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.