The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may have been following my ongoing struggles with mineral deficiencies. I am about to make an order from vetserv, and was wondering if I should get some Multi-Min90 Injectable. Successes? Failures? Recommendations? Would love some opinions and experiences with this so I know whether to pay the $70 or not. :/ Thanks! :)

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
I got a syringe full from my vet for a doe of mine that was copper deficient. It worked pretty well. Im not sure if it was for my own peace of mind but I do think that it really helped with an immunosuppressed doe I had. Of course I did do vit b complex and a host of other things. But I do feel it was a nice quick boost to her immune system.

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,072 Posts
Go with Replamin. It is better than multimin, cheaper, and is a yummy drench that mine suck up. Multimin stings like no one's buisness. I've done both. :)

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses! :) Xuxasmama, thank you! It makes me feel better knowing that you had success with it! :) ThreeHavens, where would I buy the Replamin? Is it also on VetServ? Also, is it easy to overdose on it? Is it easy to overdose on the Multi-Min? Can I give it preventatively if I'm not sure the doe is deficient? Sorry about all the questions, I'm really trying to get these mineral issues resolved! Lol :)

·
11,072 Posts
I googled Replamin and ordered on the website that popped up. :laugh:

I dose replamin at 5ccs every two months, some can get a bit more if they need it, but I want to be on the safe side. It says not for sheep and goats, but that is because the company thinks that goats, like sheep, cannot have copper.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright, thank you!! :) Is that the dosage for miniatures or standard sized dairy?

·
Registered
647 Posts
I use Multimin 90. I was having copper deficiency problems with most of my goats, so I've been giving it every 3 months this year to all of them, and it seems to be helping with that.

Stacey - It does have selenium in it, but from what I've heard it doesn't have as much vitamin E as it needs to assist with the selenium absorption. My friend who uses it has started giving vitamin E capsules along with the multi-min. I'm not sure if it's helping.

It does sting, and the goats hate it.

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
ok thats what I thought -- you want to be careful how you administer it then so you dont OD them on selenium while trying to get their copper levels up.

I remember a fellow breeder recommended it but I was to scared to use the syringe they gave me to try on a doe because I had recently given her BoSe

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the responses! :) Looking around the internet, I think I will go with the Replamin. It seems to have the same ingredients as the MultiMin, but is so much cheaper, and looks much easier to use! Question is, should I go with a drench, or a gel? And how about Replamin Plus? Here are the links. Thanks so much! :)

http://www.probioticsmart.com/farm/replamin-plus-gel.html
http://www.probioticsmart.com/farm/replamin-gel-300cc.html
http://www.probioticsmart.com/farm/replamin-pull-thru-drench.html

ThreeHavens, sorry, just clarifying - I can give the Replamin preventatively if I give it only every two months, right? Thanks! Also, is this safe to give to pregnant animals, and should I not give Selenium gel now, since this has Selenium in it? Thank you again! :)

·
11,072 Posts
I gave the replamin to my pregnant does, and not only did they benefit from them, I had less selenium deficient kids and easier deliveries this year.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bump, anybody have any opinions on my three choices up there ^? I can't tell if the drench and gel have different amounts of minerals in them because one is in percentages, and the other is in ppm. :? Thanks!! :)

·
Super Moderator
58,074 Posts
I would do the gel over the drench. The drench looks to me to be more of an electrolyte thing. I think PBS Livestock has the Plus in stock. I would probably try the plus.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks! :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts