Multiple Birth

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Plumbago, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Plumbago

Plumbago New Member

Jan 21, 2008
    Hi Everyone
    Midget just had triplets.... first time triplets for me!
    She is an excellent mum -- do they usually cope feeding three as difficult for me to bottle feed.

2. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    :cool: Congrats! What did she have?

3. Plumbago

Plumbago New Member

Jan 21, 2008
    TWO LITTLE GIRL AND A LITTLE BUCK --- JUST WHAT I HOPED FOR...
    Looks like all is well - they are all feeding ... so think will just keep a close eye on her
    Do you all agree?

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Congrats on the new triplets!!! Oh yes, most does do well feeding more than 2, their udders compensate as well...my doe who only ever had twins had triplets this past February and her udder was massively larger than when she kidded twins.

Just watch and be sure that all 3 babies are eating and have full bellies, they'll do fine.

5. DavyHollow

DavyHollow New Member

Jul 14, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    So exciting! Congrats with the gender mix! :D

6. nubians2

nubians2 New Member

My doe had triplets in June and it was her first. At 8 days old she started to kick them off which concerned me because it seemed so soon, but everyone had full bellies. Mom knew what she was doing. They are now 8 weeks old, the biggest is over 30 lbs and the other two are about 28lbs. As it was mentioned before just make sure that all of them seem to be getting a turn, it may be a different feeding but that they all get to nurse. Mine were all bucklings and have now gotten to the point that they are lifting Mom off the ground. Two of them are leaving for their new home in the next couple of weeks and the other will be put out with my wether. I am keeping him as a buck. I did seperate the babies at night around 4.5 weeks so I could milk Mom in the morning. I think she really need the break, she was falling asleep standing up because they were nursing off her all night. If you are going to milk it may be a good idea to do so you can get the milk and also give Mom a break.