Multiple Ring Shows

Discussion in 'Show Circuit' started by capriola-nd, Oct 6, 2009.

1. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I went to the State Fair this year and got a "feel" for showing. I can't wait to show now! But have a question about multiple ring shows. There is a big dairy goat show in our area every year that I think is 4 rings. Now, how does that work? Do you take your goat in one ring, they are judged, then you move to a ring next to it? Or is it the same ring, just different judges? Does it vary greatly from show to show?

Thanks for your help! :)

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Basically its four different judges so that if there are enough animals per breed, then your animal has a chance of getting their permanent championship in the same day if they can win in three of the rings under different judges. I went to a four ring buck show, and they had two rings going simultaneously with each ring doing a different breed order so that the same breed wasn't showing at the same time.

3. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    Our may show has 4 rings for the ADGA goats and 3 for the minis. We have two shows on one day and 2 on the next. The minis have two shows on one day and one on the next. It keeps the show busy-but is well worth it since there aren't that many shows around. I believe our club hires about 3 judges and has one judge judge the minis also.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    depends -- I have seen it where there are two judges judging at the same time in two different rings but say one has Lamanchas and the other has Nubians

Another way to do it is to have one show in the morning and another in the afternoon. We do this with Nigerian only shows.

5. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I totally forgot about posting this. Thanks for the clarification everyone. :)