The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this hobble probably a year ago but it was too big for nigi's. Well it fits great on my mancha and I even put it on the way Fiasco says to. Well this is what happened today. .....

Ghost got one of the buckles caught on her leg when she kicked:

It took me about 30-40 minutes to work the thing off of her. I used surgical lube and thank god I had it with me. It was sooo stuck on there I almost had to take her to the vet so they could sedate her and use a bolt cutter to get it off. As it was I had to lay her on the ground, kneel on her and pull and wiggle the thing off with her screaming bloody murder.

Here is her leg after I got it off and shaved it so i could see how bad she had hurt herself:

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
I've had that happen before when I have used it, not very fun. The hobble never seemed to work anyway, I mean they could kick a lot harder and with more force with the hobble on than when they were free it seemed like. :roll:

·
Registered
937 Posts
Owie. Thx for the info. Hope the goaty is ok.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Ouch..Thanks for the warning!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ouch! I can't imagine the noise she must have made while getting that off. The hobble we use luckily doesn't have that kind of buckle on it. I can't milk one of my does without it. I tried holding up a leg while milking with one hand, but she would still kick with the other one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts