Munk's Lightweight Goat Hobble **WARNING!**

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by RunAround, Mar 24, 2009.

1. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I got this hobble probably a year ago but it was too big for nigi's. Well it fits great on my mancha and I even put it on the way Fiasco says to. Well this is what happened today. .....

Ghost got one of the buckles caught on her leg when she kicked:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It took me about 30-40 minutes to work the thing off of her. I used surgical lube and thank god I had it with me. It was sooo stuck on there I almost had to take her to the vet so they could sedate her and use a bolt cutter to get it off. As it was I had to lay her on the ground, kneel on her and pull and wiggle the thing off with her screaming bloody murder.

Here is her leg after I got it off and shaved it so i could see how bad she had hurt herself:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I've had that happen before when I have used it, not very fun. The hobble never seemed to work anyway, I mean they could kick a lot harder and with more force with the hobble on than when they were free it seemed like. :roll:

3. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    Owie. Thx for the info. Hope the goaty is ok.

4. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
  5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    ooo not good. Thanks for the warning. for a jumpy goat I milk with one hand and hold a leg up with the other :roll:

6. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Ouch..Thanks for the warning!!

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    that is horrible.. :( ..Ouch.... I am sorry that happened... and I thank you for giving us warning.... :hug:

8. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Never had that happen but thanks for the warning though, we don't use the hobble anymore.

9. PotterWatch

PotterWatch New Member

Jan 23, 2009
    So. California
    Ouch! I can't imagine the noise she must have made while getting that off. The hobble we use luckily doesn't have that kind of buckle on it. I can't milk one of my does without it. I tried holding up a leg while milking with one hand, but she would still kick with the other one.