Murphy got a new brother!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by cdtrum, May 3, 2009.

1. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Well, when I bought my two pygmies last summer......I said that's it just two, well then my boys got sick this winter and I thought how awful it would be if I loss one and then I would have one very lonely goat...... :idea: so the search began this spring to bring in a third, we were thrilled to find Murphy that we purchased from CapraKoza......we reserved him at 3wks old and anxiously waited until last week to p/u......well, we got Murphy home and our big guys are sooooo very big compared to him and were butting him so bad that I did not feel good about putting him in with them just yet, he needs to grow a bit......but he has been one unhappy boy being by himself.......so with some phone calls and contacts I was given the name and number of the NDGA president's wife and was told they had some available.....guess what? They just happened to have a 12wk old buckling (same age as Murphy) that they had not decided whether to keep or not, so Deb called me last night to say that they would let me buy him and she just happen to be coming to Fort Wayne today, which is like 30min from me! So we now have a new little buckling (soon to be banded) that also just happens to be a buckskin like Murphy.....so tonight Murphy has a new brother to snuggle up to.....of course Murphy has been here for a week and thinks he owns the barn, I have been letting him run the barn when I'm out doing chores......so when we got home with the new little guy today, Murphy was showing off and being a bit of a snob to the new little guy.....but I feel really good about this and I think they will be the best of buddies! So I now have gone from 2 to 4 goats with in a week.....Lord help me :GAAH: ! My hubby just keeps shaking his head....but of course I found him out in the barn tonight playing with the little guys and giving everyone treats!
    Sorry soooo long! Denise

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    LOL I told yah you were bitten by the bug :love:

3. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I know, I know!

4. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Congrats on your newest addition!

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    congrats...........it is exciting ....to get more goaties.... :wink:

6. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
  7. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Oh boy.. .. lol, ya know with all those boys, you may want a girl around the place too. Think of a little fresh milk and some cheese, making soap is fun too! Oh and then if you have a girl you will need a buck to get her pregnant so you can get the milk. Oh and then you don't want a buck for just one doe, so you may want to get few more does. . . .lol :slapfloor:

Been there done that. :wink:

Congrats on the new little one!! :leap:

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Ohhhh - and it has begun - :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Congrats on your new little guy!

9. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Thanks guys......but NO, NO, No breeding here......I'm tooooo much of a worry wart a it is! My husband said the same thing yesterday......he said "I know where your headed with these goats!" When we went to pick up the new one she also had with her 3 little one week old bottle babies, we had the choice of one, but we took the one closer to Murphy's age.....but they were soooo darn cute and fun! They were crawling all over us......hubby was in love, he said we should just buy all of them.......NO! NO! NO!

10. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Awwwwww. :love: Now Murphy has a playmate!!!