Murphy got butted bad!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by cdtrum, May 1, 2009.

1. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Well, the boys were out all together today... Jake and Murphy head butted, Jake butted the little guy tooooo hard, I heard his little head crack, I could tell it hurt....he stumbled for a minute, he still has his burn marks from being disbudded....now his little head is bleeding a bit.....not real bad. Anything special I should do for it.....I did put some antibiotic cream on it. I put him in his pen and he seems fine now.
    Thanks, Denise

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    As long as he is acting normal he should be ok, my kids tend to get hit around a lot by the older goats, sometimes I have to separate them so they don't get hurt.

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    i think he just needs a little rest.

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Same here....my little doe that was disbudded seems to WANT to play those butting games with the big girls, she has knocked her caps off already and today I saw that she had a bloody scab...then I saw she and my yearling Heidi just going at it( and she's just about 7 weeks old!), Murphy will be fine, just make sure the bleeding stopped and he is acting fine.

5. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Thanks all........I was just out in the barn and let him out to run around, my little terriers came out there and the little toot butted my westie in the butt, which she is soft...so I guess it doesn't take much.......now his head is bleeding again! Not bad though....not like it is pouring blood, infact I noticed it clots up pretty fast. He is eating and acting fine.
    Hope all has great weekend! Denise

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    he will be just fine.....if he stops butting things so he can heal....LOL :wink: :greengrin: