Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Amos, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    List your favorite genres, singers, and bands!

I like rock, soft rock, alternative, country, and Americana.
    Some of my favorite bands are Fleetwood Mac, Jefferson Airplane, Sugarland, Heart, Feist, Blondie, Hall & Oates, Cold Play, Boston, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers.. Singers: Stevie Nicks, KT Tunstall, Janis Joplin, Grace Slick, Regina Spektor,

Theres definintly alot more, but those are just to start the topic..

Anyone else?
  2. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    Right now I like Krystal Meyer's ]Collide and Beauty of Grace Paramore's Decode and I Caught Myself, Casting Crowns' While You Were Sleeping and Taylor Swift's Teardrops on my Guitar and Love Story . . .
    Variety . . . .;)

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    i'm into rock, classic rock, alternative, metal, And heavy metal. :)

Queensryche, Metallica, Krokus, Creed, Def Leppard, Heart, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Nickelback, Ram Jam, Blackfoot, Red rider, Santana, Kansas, Cross Canadian Ragweed, ZZ top, and the list goes on!

:) i also like world music, celtic!
  4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    we have alot in common...I to those.....but I have to add country music.....there are to many to list... :) LOL
    I call it variety pack :cool:
  5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    i like the modern country music a bit, but not the oldies, too depressing. I like rodeo- by garth brooks.

do not like rap.

My goats -LOVE- listening to country!, they dont like my style of music, but as i'm passing the counry station they quiet down like theyre listening. Yes i let them listen to music!
  6. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    We have a radio in our barn, my mom always has it switched to country, but I like my goats the learn a variety of music, so I usually switch it to soft rock 70's & 80's XD.
  7. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    How odd ....we sound so much alike ...I like rodeo by garth brooks...I also like ...the new country over the old country......and rap isn't my type of music either.....
    I like some of cletus T ,when he makes fun at the originals LOL :thumbup:
  8. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    I like about everything but old country bothers the crap out of me...I deal with it cause it's my dads favorite but I can't stand it.
  9. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    toth, thats so cool. i dont know who cletus T is though.
  10. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    I'm pretty sure he's a rapper...
  11. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I'm a big country girl! But I also like some other stuff.

Favorite artists right now include: Miranda Lambert, Josh Turner, OneRepublic, Taylor Swift, LeAnn Rimes, Sugarland, and many many more! lol
  12. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  13. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    I can listen to just about anything, but my favs are folk/punk folk, reggae, and old funk/soul/motown stuff.

A few examples of what I've been listen to lately:

Lucy Kaplansky
    Allison Kraus
    Joseph Arthur
    Neil Finn
    Ingrid Michaelson
    Tegan and Sara
    Kaki King
    Ziggy Marley
  14. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    ok I mis-interpretted that...
  15. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Ok here we go
    Types of Music: Alternative, Metal, Heavy Rock, 80's, 60's 70's and 90's.
    Almost anything catchy
    Bands: AC/DC, Nirvana, The Presets, MGMT, Guns and Roses, Kiss, Queen, Pendulum, Spider Bait, Foo Fighters, Hinder, Linkin Park, Weird Al, Danger, Rolling Stones.
    My playlist-
    MGMT-Electric Feel
    B52's-Love Shack
    Don Lang-The Witchdoctor
    G.A.R-Paradise City
    Pendulum-Blood Sugar
    Mouldy Peaches-Anyone Else But You (I recommend you have a listen :) )
    Queen-Bohemian Rhapsody
    Rolling Stones-Paint it Black
    Queen- We will Rock You
    Nirvana- Come as You Are and Smells like Teen Spirit.
    Hinder-Get Stoned
    AC/DC-All the classics..
    I love music :greengrin:
    Oh and I am extrememly jealous of my Brother Steve who is going to see MGMT live TONIGHT :veryangry: :angry:
  16. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

LOL.....Sara... :ROFL:
  17. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    FRF, I absolutley love Alison Krauss, I recently got her and Robert Plant's new cd Raising Sand, love it. And I really like Ingred Michealson as well, she sounds slightly like Regina Spektor as well. You should post a recording/video of you singing or playing guitar!

Sara, Cletus T is related to Judd sisters, Naomi & Wynona, if you've hear of them.
  18. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    The barn radio is on a christian station. I cant help but wonder if my one Nubian, Grace, thinks they are singing about her when they sing about the grace of God.

I can listen to anything but rap.My faves are Dylan, Maria Muldaur, Geoff Muldaur, both individually and collectively while in the Jim Kweskin Jug Band. Lots of Bonnie Raitt and Motown...ARETHA & blues...Muddy Waters, Stevie Ray Vaughn. Ooh ooh John Mayall, Van Morrison.
    The late Paul DeLay. Saw this huge man wail on his harmonica a few times. Went to a now defunct roadhouse when there were about 15 people there including staff. They played their hearts outs out like there was no tomorrow. I ripped a flyer off the bathrm wall. It still hangs in my kitchen. I have about 3 CD's with his autograph.
  19. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    I love music, I listen to almost anything, except I'm not a fan of pre-70's, country(except for Toby Keith and Kenny Chesney), christian or rap music(except for the song, What its Like by Everlast, great song and Linkin Park)

Green Day and My Chemical Romance are my favs, here's the rest of it:
    Fall Out Boy, Panic at the Disco, Coldplay, Augustana, Train, 3 Doors Down, Everclear, Third Eye Blind, Goo Goo Dolls, Broadway Calls, A Fire Inside, Paramore, Pinhead Gunpowder, Foxboro Hot Tubs, Three Days Grace, Hinder, Snow Patrol, Mat Kearney, James Blunt, Linkin Park, Howie Day, Alicia Keys, Five for Fighting, Collective Soul, 30 Seconds to Mars, Blue October, The Wallflowers, Vertical Horizon, The Network, Gin Blossoms, Radiohead, Oasis, Stone Temple Pilots, Counting Crows, the Black Crows, Nickelback, Nirvana, Rob Thomas, Sheryl Crow, Kid Rock(only the new stuff, no rap) Sugar Ray, Stone Sour, Staind, No Doubt, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Matchbox Twenty, Fastball, Creed, Interpartysystem, Nicole Adkins, Wierd Al and Avril Lavgine. I know I'm missing a lot here.

And for my fav classic rockers:
    REO Speedwagon, Ted Nugent, Foreigner, Boston, Journey, Firefall, Lynyrd Skynyrd, some of the Rolling Stones, AC/DC(they need a lighting bolt button on the keyboard) Guns 'N' Roses, The Eagles, America, Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Joe Walsh, The Beatles, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, Ringo Starr, Neil Young, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, John Mellencamp, Pink Floyd, Styx, Heart, Rush, Queen, Kansas, Damn Yankees, ZZ Top, The B-52's and I'm missing even more here :D

I also like one hit wonders :)
  20. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I personally listen to everything but the Christian stations.

To give you an idea of me - here is the list of what is on my playlist on my myspace - such a wide variety!!!

I got it from my momma - Will.I.Am
    Off the Hilbilly Hook - Trailor Choir (this is a new country band under Toby Keith! They ROCK!)
    Pocket full of Sunshine - Natasha Bedingfield
    Shake - Ying Yang Twins
    Paralyzer - Finger Eleven
    Hell Yah - Montgomery Gentry
    Tubthumping - Chumbawamba
    Honky Tonk Badankadank - Trace Adkins
    Firestarter - Prodigy
    Shes a hottie - Tobie Keith
    All Summer Long - Kidd Rock
    Waiting on the world to change- John Mayer
    Sweet Home Alabama - Lynard Skynard
    Voodoo - Godsmack
    You're still the one - Shania Twain (First dance at our wedding)
    Sensual Seduction - Snoop Dog
    Androdgeny - Garbage
    Copper Head Road - Steve Earl
    I wanna talk about me - Tobie Keith
    Never Smoke Weed with Willie Again - Toby Keith and Willie Nelson (OHHHH so funny!)
    Swing - Trace Adkins

So that gives you a bit of me!