The Goat Spot Forum banner

My 1 year old pygmy will not drink water

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  cassiewoods 
#1 ·
Hi! I'm new to the goat community. I recently got 2 pygmy little girls. We've had them for a few days now with no issues. Yesterday I noticed the smaller one (June) was starting to act kind of sluggish and had foam like bubbles coming out of her mouth. I asked around and someone mentioned that it could be from dehydration. I tried everything I could to try and get her to drink as soon as I saw her declining. We have shelter but it has been super hot where I live during the day and I have not noticed her drinking any water at all. I've changed the buckets, changed the water a few times a day and also have tried apple cider vinegar. I woke up this morning in hopes that she was better but she was still stumbling around a little. I'm not sure what to do to make her drink water. I saw in one forum that someone recommended resorb from tractor supply so I'm going to try that. I'm just worried because it's going to be another very hot day. Could the lethargy and sluggish-ness be caused just from dehydration or are there possible other issues? Any suggestions??

Thanks everyone :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.