The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Belle Farm
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2 year old Toggenburg milking doe has green stuff that smells really bad coming from her nose. Does anyone know what this could be? She was last wormed about 5 months ago.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
How is her overall health and behaviour, temperature, etc.? Could she have simply gotten something lodged inside her nostril, which has gotten infected--any swelling in her nose? What does her breathing sound like, in case there is an infection deeper in her respiratory system?

·
The Belle Farm
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Her overall health seems fine. Temperature also normal. I thought maybe a tooth abscess or infection of somekind in the mouth. It seems that the nasal discharge has subsided. But her breath stinks. Not sure. Everything else seems fine. She also had about a week ago kidded.

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Do you feed her a good leafy alfalfa? Wipe her nose and see if she is really just having a snotty nose and the hay is sticking to her boogers. I have a doe I am always cleaning her snotty nose.

She would not be eating if she has a abscessed tooth

·
The Belle Farm
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you.....new to goat raising, only a year. But loving every minute. Just never smelled it that bad, but probably is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts