The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've done the forskin surgery after numbing with lidocaine. Got a few stones out. There are still some very close to the end that we seem to feel but can't get out. Going to Walmart to get pectin. Anything else we can do?

Sent from my iPhone using GoatSpot

·
I'm watching you
22,271 Posts
Not Pectin, Fruit Fresh... He needs to relax, Banamine, Dex, Uro-ease would all be good things to have right now. How's he doing? What have you done since cutting the urinary process?

·
Crazy Goat Lady
4,324 Posts
I'd dose him with ACV, but, this is a bad situation with bad prognosis, imo. I've heard of folks spending $400-$700 trying to treat the poor boys and still having to put them down. So sad, prayers for your boy.

I agree he needs to relax, Banamine for that and the pain.

·
Registered
30,588 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have been through this with my wether. Surgery to cut off the pizzle and scoping the urethra is the only way to remove the stones. My vet wasn't able to get all the stones and it resulted in a ruptured bladder, successfully repaired with surgery but expensive. You cannot wait--if they are not urinating, bladder will rupture. Banamine to treat pain until you can get him scoped by a vet. Mine also had bladder flushed the first time this happened. Good luck--this is a tough situation.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I also had it happen in May of last year. They were unable to flush him and during the surgery his bladder burst and he was having to urinate out of a stoma. In September of that year, the bladder healed on it's own as did the stoma. He gets a drench of 5ccs ac every day.

·
Registered
30,588 Posts
Hows your buck doing??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well it sure is hard loving animals but what do you do .... We found a wonderful vet at 5:00 this morning and after a hour drive we turned our little boy over to her care... Unfortunately after a long night of praying and working with forest,and the trip to the vet , she had to euthanize him at 4:30 this evening. She tried antibiotics anti inflammatory meds and was hopefully for a possible reroute surgery but at the end his uretha had burst and he spilled too much urine into his tissues. Little forest was bottle raised and had recovered from lameness as a newborn due to selenium deficiency. We had worked so hard nursing him to health and it was pure joy to watch him run and leap with joy as a result. He was named forest by our kids when after a week of not being able to stand his selinium injections started kicking in and he stood by himself and took his first wobbly steps. The kids all yelled run forest run , thus his name. Every loss is a lesson learned but it sure does hurt ones heart

·
Registered
54 Posts
well it sure is hard loving animals but what do you do .... .....It was pure joy to watch him run and leap with joy as a result. He was named forest by our kids when after a week of not being able to stand his selinium injections started kicking in and he stood by himself and took his first wobbly steps. The kids all yelled run forest run , thus his name. Every loss is a lesson learned but it sure does hurt ones heart

What a heart wrenching experience to lose him! Oh, so sorry!

·
Registered
30,588 Posts
Im sorry :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts