The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thus is Penny's udder. I get ALOT of milk out of her but just out of curiosity, does any one know why the holes in her teats are so small?! It takes me FOREVER to milk her out because it comes out in a tiny little squirt! She fed twins just fine and its not mastitis... I just don't get it! My other goat doesn't have near the milking capacity but is a dream to milk!! :-S

image-4165161059.jpg

image-2607707231.jpg

Attachments

·
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I don't weigh the milk, but I get just shy of four liters when I milk her!! And my family LOVES it!!

·
2,962 Posts
Hi Fezz09, is she a first freshener?? I have to agree with the others, some goats just have small orifices. I have a FF doe this year that has small teats but the orifices are big so she is easy to milk even with two finger teats. I can imagine it takes a long time to milk your girl.

·
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This was her second freshening... I think she is just going to be a lengthy milker!! Oh well :) better than no milk at all!!

·
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have just started weaning... But both kids seemed to favor the smaller side, I think because it milks easier... They did both nurse out of both sides but preferred her right side!

·
2,203 Posts
You can use dilators but I do not recommend on a healthy udder.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts