My Alpine, opinions please

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Dreamchaser, May 15, 2009.

1. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Alright, here's the girl that started the obsession. I do have a Pygmy and a young Nubian (who BTW is growing like a weed), but Alpines have stolen my heart. I at first thought I liked Nubians (I used to have a nubian wether) But I decided that I like Aplines best. Yes, they are a little bratty, but no worse than me! *giggles*

[​IMG]

Head

[​IMG]

Front (She's mad I woke her up from her nap)

[​IMG]

Side

[​IMG]

Back ( I know you can't tell me much about her udders, since I didn't freshen her this year) But they seem to hang alright.

[​IMG]
    And lazy bones when I made her get up. *laughs*

[​IMG]
    Here is another back one, I could not get her to stand straight at all! She was too busy messing around.

Oh, and yes by the way, the spots did it for me! I had to have her when I saw her spots. I got her in October of last year along with her nubian buddy. Buy one get one! LOL But I have never seen a spotted Alpine before.

2. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    She is a really nice Alpine......I like her........ :wink: :greengrin: :love:

4. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    I know she is not real level. And I think her back end is a little small. I like them to look more proportionate. The one pic makes her udders look uneven, but I think that might just be the picture. She doesn't let me see her back end too much, she is usually wanting attention, so I was lucky to get side shots of her...

Here is usually what I get...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then she starts...

5. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  6. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    I love her color too!

7. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    She's very pretty :) I like her beard. I wish my Benny's beard would get that long...but the girls keep chewing on it... :shrug:

8. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Does anyone know what her color and markings would be considered?

9. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

cute doe!
    she is a pied cou clair just like my old doe dixie and her dam spot. Spot has way more spots then dixie does. But both are spotted. Spot is the bottem two pictures.

Attached Files:

10. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    *SQUEE* OMG, she is so beautiful! Mine and yours could almost be sisters! I love the spots.

11. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Absolutely beautiful doe! :love:

12. FourSnyders

FourSnyders New Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Ohio
    I love the Alpines! Such a beautifully marked and pretty breed. Thanks for posting the pics. Both of your guys' does are very pretty by the way!

13. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Just for fun, wanna see this OLD postcard I bought on ebay? I bought it A: Because it looks like my goat (minus the horns of course) B: Because look what it's doing! *awwww*

[​IMG]

14. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    very beautiful post card.....it does look like your doe.....less the horns.....LOL :wink: :greengrin: