The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premier Colorado Nigerian Dwarf Breeder
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the N.M. quad show in Albuquerque and it was great to see friends and some wonderful goats.

Got to stay at a hotel where they were having a big wedding the first night and then a sweet 16 that would put 90% of weddings to shame. The sweet 16 was just AMAZING. It was a lot of mexican cowboy heritage. Their outfits were so beautiful. Put that TLC Gypsy show to shame.

Report: :cool::clap::cool:

My senior girl (8 years old), Pansy, finished in ADGA and AGS with GCH and BOB (judge Melinda Butler). That girl has placed GCH/RGCH everytime she's walked into the ring. This was especially sweet since I wasn't able to show her last year because of my broken pelvic.

Her daughter, Clover, took Reserve GCH (judge Gary Whitehead) only to find out her tattoo was poor and I had to pull her from the rest of the shows. That was a bummer!

But ---- my little Marti who is my avatar pic took Jr. GCH and then BIS. She had everyone laughing up a storm at the end because the whole time she wouldn't stand still but for 20 seconds tops. The minute Melinda announced she was BIS she just got this look on her face that said "All That Sister! and struted the pose of a life time! Lil stinker she is. Nice to see a Nigie beat the big girls too.

My new Rosasharn boy, BoDee, took Reserve Junior Ch by judges Melinda Butler, Gary Whitehead, and Dan Laney. He's about 14 weeks old and was in a class for less than 6 month old boys. Had a lot of older boys to compete against. I figured we were ready for number 4 when we walked into judge Tori Kennedy's ring. Haha .... She placed him Junior Champion and then Reserve Grand Champion beating out the Senior Reserve Champion.

And to wrap up the weekend, Pebbles took Junior Reserve GCH (judge Dan Laney).

Now to get some pics of everyone ..... phew / I need another weekend to rest!

Thanks for letting me share :clap::clap::clap:

·
Registered
31,449 Posts
awesome news....does your heart good when others see what you see in your babies : )

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Wow, sounds like a great weekend if you ask me! There is nothing more I would want to do than cream several shows in my free time.

I'm very happy for you :) Good job, Elizabeth & goats!

·
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here are some pics -
Pansy is first and Marti is second.
The third is BoDee's back side .... :p

I need to get a better pic of him tmmr along with Clover, Pebbles, and Angus. And Marti's back side too :cool:.

Empty Udder on Pansy

this girl has a real nice high and wide escutcheon

BoDee's back side :p

·
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congratulations! Sounds like a great show :) Will we see you at Tri-County?
Hey Riley -
I'll be sending in my app late. But the late fee isn't bad.
I've got 4 does due and their window starts end of June.
3 of the does are on the small side and the buck I bred them to throws big kids so I feel I need to be around in case I need to pull.

But -- I'm going to do my best to go.

Hopefully I'll get to see you there :cool:

Cancelled going to Nationals for AGS and ADGA. My dad who is 93 took a fall a few months back and is still having problems. I don't feel I can travel that far away for that length of time. That was a bummer!

·
Registered
11,882 Posts
I hope your dad gets on the mend soon :) Would love to see you at Tri-County, hopefully the girls let you sneak out :)

The sweet 16 was just AMAZING. It was a lot of mexican cowboy heritage. Their outfits were so beautiful. Put that TLC Gypsy show to shame.
If you're referring to Gypsy Sisters that's my favorite show of all time :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts