My AWESOME 2 new 'Fainters'

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Riot_My_Love, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Riot_My_Love

Riot_My_Love New Member

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I've come in here. :sigh: BUT I bring good news! :cool:

I've gotten myself two new Myotonic Goats! A wether and a buck.

The wether's name is Winston, and the Buck's is 'Big Ol' Bucky Billy Boy' (Bobbb). They're probably grades, but I'm so excited for their temperaments! Billy Boy is sooo friendly, and quite frankly SWEET! :stars: He is that nasty buck though, and is very aggressive to the others (over food that is). Bucky is 8 while Winston is 10. Winny has arthritis :( and I was wondering if there is a supplement/medicine I can get him.

I was also wondering if you all could critique Bucky. YES they are not the best pictures, but, I want to know how good he actually is.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's a picture of my other 3 boys, they're getting so HUG!! :wahoo: I can't believe how large my lil' farm is growing :). I also have the 'raw' images if you all don't like the edits.

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    congrats...they are very nice.... :wink: :greengrin:

3. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Congrats on your new boys! That's why I love fainters... even the bucks make great family pets... minus the smell! LOL

Jess
    Faint-Hearted Ranch
    www.faintheartedranch.net

4. Riot_My_Love

Riot_My_Love New Member

Thank You, and here's the image that didn't show;
    [​IMG]

Riot is FINALLY showing his "buckiness" :clap: although it's kinda gross.

5. redsticker

redsticker Member

May 7, 2009
    SE Louisiana
    Aw, they're so handsome! Bobbb ;) has such a cute face!

I'm new to goats so this may be a stupid question but even though they're the same color they look different, different build, horns, scruff... is that because they are crosses or because ones a buck and ones a whether?

6. Riot_My_Love

Riot_My_Love New Member

It's the buck/wether factor. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please) Testosterone builds the buck differently than a goat without any.

7. Well, congrats! We love Myotonic Goats here!

As for the difference, it is more then likly genetics. Wethers will look just as much like a buck then a in tact buck. In Myotonic's it is hard to say what you will get as they range so well. Even if twins, they will not always look the same. I have two last year, twin girls, and they were total opposites. in color and everything else. It is just how the gene pull falls, as well as with the Myotonic gene as well. Some fall at a drop of a hat others when life or death is near it FINALLY happens. LOL