The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I carry a heavy heart this morning. My baby died last night in my hubbys arms. 2 months old. Gums were white....wouldn't eat, lathargic. It all happened within 1 day. WHAT HAPPENED????? Please pray for me. Baby wasn't JUST A goat he was my friend my baby

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm so very sorry for your loss.

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
i'm so sorry for your loss. :hug:

I lost one like that in December...absolutely heart breaking.

if you're really wanting to know what happened, you can get a necropsy done.

·
Super Moderator
59,760 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. It could be so many things. Coccidia being one of them. A necropsy would hopefully give you answers.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh you guys I feel like I could have done SOMETHING!!!! I was at work....when I got home he was already too far gone. I brought him in the house. Put him in a blankie and he even are a little of his bottle. What happened??? He was fine yesterday....I feel I failed as a mommy

·
558 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. It is very hard. I lost my first goat baby after a week and was just devastated. You do get attached so very quickly to these sweet sweet creatures.

I know its hard not to, but try not to blame yourself!! It is obvious you loved your baby!!
That being said, I understand you wanting to find out why. You say gums were pale, had you been treating for worms?

·
Registered
600 Posts
I understand your pain <3 We all love them like our own children, it is so difficult to lose them...I hope a necropsy will give you some insight on what happened. Could pale gums indicate worms or dehydration? Just a thought, there are quite a bit of things young ones can get sick from, and unfortunately with most of them having the same general effect on their little bodies(lethargy, lack of appetite, etc.), it's difficult to tell what without testing or unique symptoms. Hope you find some closure :hug:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts