My Baby Thread! BABIES are finally here!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by LiddleGoteGurl, Mar 8, 2008.

1. LiddleGoteGurl

LiddleGoteGurl New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    I figured it was about time for me to start my own kidding thread, because my babies are due to show their adorable little heads very soon! *I* have three does kidding this year. My parents have Kikos that are due soon too, and my brother has some dairy goats. So this list is just going to be mine, as there are too many of the others to tell you all about (although, when there are babies, I plan to take pics of all of them for you!).

So my girls!

Fern (who is a very odd cross that I am going to sell later this year. She is part Nigerian Dwarf, part Nubian, and part Kiko!!) is due on March 20.
    Miss Piggy (grade LaMancha.. I have had her the longest out of all of the goats here!) is due March 22.
    Harmony (my RG Alpine.. she is such a good girl :D) is due April 11.

I am so excited! I can't wait for babies finally.... :clap: almost time! Yay! Plus goat milk of course. And Harmony's udder.. woohoo. She is finally looking awesome, like she is pulling it all together, on her third freshening!

So anyways, thought you would all like to know. And also think blue because these are going to be Kiko/dairy cross babies and I have to sell them, and does aren't going to be very easy to sell. At least not in my experience ;).

2. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Re: My Baby Thread!

Can't wait for babies and pics! :cool:

3. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma

That's exciting! :cool:

4. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio

Yay! I hope they are boys for you!(wow...you don't usually get to say that too much! heehee!) :greengrin:

5. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Sounds great!!! Sounds like they're gearing up for those babies!!! Wishing you a safe happy healthy kidding for all 3!!!

6. LiddleGoteGurl

Nov 29, 2007
    WI

Thanks everyone! :greengrin:

Fern is on day 145 today! :leap: She is huge, uddering up major.. all that fun stuff.

Here are some pics from today. I gave her her kidding haircut. Any guesses to when she will kid and how many kids/gender? (she has really bad hocks.. as you can see. LOL. Not the nicest conformation on this girl :ROFL: )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Thanks a lot for putting this dumb necklace on me. Forget St. Patrick's day.. this is stupid!"

[​IMG]

"ERRRR MOM!! Take it off! I am going to break it if you don't. OK FINE. Here I go. ERRRR. I have enough trouble getting around as it is... now I have to have something weird and annoying hanging from my neck?!?!?"

[​IMG]

And Pixie decided to join in the fun... she wasn't too sure about that necklace either :slapfloor:

[​IMG]

I hope I have some babies here soon!! I need them!! I have baby fever STILL.

7. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa

Katherine will get her baby fix soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is looking good! I say twin does. Good luck!!!

By the way the girls look great in that necklace! haha

8. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Looks like there will be babies soon!!!!!

9. LiddleGoteGurl

Nov 29, 2007
    WI

I know! Yay!! Babies soon! Her vulva looked even more swollen this afternoon, so I am going to go out and check soon. I don't think it will happen for a few days yet, but I would hate to miss it.

LOL Thanks Chelsey :D. They weren't too sure about the darn thing.. :slapfloor:

10. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma

I bet it won't be long, she looks like she's getting close. I'm gonna guess twins, a boy and a girl.

11. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois

They sure are looking close!! Pixie is just a doll :p

12. LiddleGoteGurl

Nov 29, 2007
    WI

Thanks! :greengrin:

Fern's vulva is more "pushed-out" today, her udder is slightly more full, but other than that no real changes. I think she is still gonna be a while.

13. LiddleGoteGurl

Nov 29, 2007
    WI

Well, forget this "Fern is definitely gonna kid first" garbage. Yesterday, one of Dad's Kiko does, Lucy, had a very full udder. I just knew she would kid before Fern.

Last night I checked her and she was acting normal, so I decided to get some sleep. I had dreams of moms and baby goats as usual.. not kidding (lol no pun intended). I woke up early and couldn't sleep. Stupid me I just layed there in my bed for an hour.. and then jumped up and remembered Lucy. I got out to the barn and wouldn't you know it, the sneaky lady had a wet buck kid on the ground :D. Even though it is a buck and a single (wow that sucks. First time that has happened with the Kikos! Never had a single) I am still super happy!!! I have wanted babies for so long!!! I will get pics today, I promise :D. He is white of course, because that is all his sire Maximus throws :roll: :lol:

14. LiddleGoteGurl

Nov 29, 2007
    WI

Oh, and Fern's udder is very full now! Woohoo more babies today I think!! :clap:

15. LiddleGoteGurl

Nov 29, 2007
    WI

Well, guess who was sneaky and pulled a fast one on me? Ms. Lucy. I was sure she was done.. placenta hanging out, everything. The little goofball started pushing again about 3 hours after the buckling was born. I looked.. uh-oh. One leg, and it was a back leg. So I had to push the kid back in, locate the head which was at a very odd angle, and turn it around. Thankfully it worked out fine, and now Lucy is the proud mama of an '08 doeling! Yay! She had twins last year too, buck and a doe :D. Go Lucy!

Fern is in the kidding pen, udder super full, being kinda goofy, so I am pretty sure it will be soon. We will see if she decides to wait for a week, or if she is actually gonna kid :D.

16. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa

That is great!!!! Wooohooo!! Can't wait for pics of the little darlings! lol/

17. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Yay Katherine! That's great, congrats!!

18. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Congratulations!!!! I've never had one have a kid after the placenta. When I see the placenta I'm usually wrapping up or even coming up to the house. Better watch or one will do that to me too! :)

19. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    allright!! :boy: :girl: congratulations Katherine......come on Fern! Dontcha know it's your turn?!!

20. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    YAY!!! Congrats! :leap: We've never had kids after the doe passes the placenta, but I've read that can happen.

Waiting on pics!!!