My Barn...

Discussion in 'Barnyard Bananza' started by Muddy Creek Farm, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Here are a few pictures of my barn. If anyone else wants to share pictures of theirs I'd love to see them :)

The Doe's sleepping bench
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Boy's feeder
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    The hay feeder in the boys area - is that made with fencing? Does it ever scratch them on the sides?

That is alot like what I am wanting.

Thanks for the ideas!

3. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Yes it's made of fencing. It is nailed down all alont the side so it doesn't cut them.

Here are some more pics.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. cute kids

cute kids New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    very nice!! i love seeing others' ideas for how to do the goat thing. your hay feeders are nice.....i like the one in the wall!!! isn't it fun to come up with ideas like that?? tell me, do they ever eat from the bottom, or just want what is on top??? :)
    this all looks very new; have you just built it?

5. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    I don't know if this is what mcf does but we file down the sharp edges when we cut something for the goats.

6. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    They like the stuff on the top :roll: But sometimes they pick through the bottom.

Me and my dad built it in in the spring.

I LOVE coming up with new ideas! Feeders, pens, toys......... LOL

7. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Nope I didn't file the edges, the aren't sharp, they are kind of stuck in the side of the barn anyways. :)

8. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    I really like that sleeping bench- maybe I'll have the gumption to make one for my girls too.

9. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    The girls love it. I need to take a pic of them all up there, it's so funny :lol:

10. cute kids

cute kids New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    are those pygoras i see?? :)

11. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    MissMM, I wish I could have a feeder as long as yours. My goats would NEVER EVER share. They all have to have their own. I just made new feeders, that i have on the wall. I am tired of having it in feeders on the floor, because all they would do is throw it all out and eat what was on the bottom and then they would not touch the stuff that hit the ground.
    I have to say, for the animals the "eat everything", they sure don't eat much. :)
    I will have to try to get some pictures of the feeders I build. I llike building and saving money every chance I can.

12. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    Yep, those are Pygoras. They are sooooo incredibly cute and fun.... I'm addicted. I found the PVC very cheap from a local plumber... he had a piece on hand that was damaged so I got it for pennies on the dollar. Plus it's so easy to get stall chores done when the goats know I'll turn the feeder over when I'm done..... they stay out of my way so they can get their grain! Otherwise, they're constantly climbing all over me and I never get anything done besides cuddling.

Norbert (pictured) just loves to have his belly rubbed.

Lap goats.... who woulda thought?

mmm[​IMG]

13. cute kids

cute kids New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    which one is norbert???? hee hee......

14. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    :lol: :lol: :lol: The four legged one is Norbert. Ron (cowboy dude) thought I had finally lost it when I told him I wanted Pygoras...... now he's hooked too.

I almost have him talked into making a cross country trip next summer to pick up more Pygoras from the west coast, providing they come out OK over there. The shipping $ we'd save could be used to buy another goat or two.

If prayers are enough, they will all be ok.

mmm[​IMG]