The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had to show off some pics of my quarter horse mare. Once i finish breaking her in she'll be started on barrels. I'm really proud of her, she's the first horse I've ever broke in and she's coming along Soooooooo well. She's never even offered to buck. Today was her 5th ride outside the round pen.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Her name is Star. And yes, she is super sweet. What amazes me is that she was never handled until she was given to me. And she's 8 years old. Was never halter broke, spooky of strangers, etc. I'm really impressed with how easily she's coming along.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
She's beautiful! Keep up the good work! It must feel really rewarding and exciting, her coming along so well! :D

·
VolBabe Boer Goats
366 Posts
wow shes goregous! :D i just got a mare too ^_^ her name is beauty! :D shes a buckskin Quarter horse mix dunno what her mix side is but i wonder if theres a gene test i can do for her to find out but im working with training her all over again :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks y'all! Yes, it is very rewarding. I think there is a test you can get, but its not 100% accurate. But personally, I wouldn't worry about it. A good horse is a good horse no matter what it's breeding. But I would love to see pics!

·
VolBabe Boer Goats
366 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts