My Belgian Bearded D'Anvers!

Discussion in 'Chickens & Poultry' started by ETgoatygirl, Sep 9, 2012.

1. ETgoatygirl

ETgoatygirl Active Member

Mar 23, 2012
    Hi all. I just wanted to share a few photos of my beautiful show chickens. I absolutely love this breed of chicken (D'Anvers). The hens are so social and very much busy bodies:) The roosters can be mean, but they are very handsome and take good care of their ladies. Anyway, I thought I'd share a few pics of my own birds.. Enjoy!

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Very nice! :thumbup:

3. Dayna

Dayna Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2012
    Pahoa Hawaii
    They are so cute!

4. milkmaid

milkmaid I'm not addicted - I'm in love!

They are gorgeous! It is no wonder you love them! Have they won any prizes?

5. ETgoatygirl

Mar 23, 2012
    Thanks!

Awwhh! Thanks ya'll. I think my D'Anvers are pretty great too:).. Milkmaid- Yes, my D'Anvers have won me some prizes at various chicken shows. Which is always fun.. When I was in 4-H, one of my hens won Best in Show one year. But all of them have given me ribbons and other awards.. I am planning to go to a chicken show with them in a couple weeks. I am very much looking forward to that! Not so much about the awards (although they are fun:), but just to be able to chat with other poultry crazies, learn, and have fun with my chickens.

6. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Ah darn the pics aren't showing for me...but that is very neat about the showing. Way to go! :hi5:

7. ETgoatygirl

Mar 23, 2012
    Photos again..

KW Farms- now that you mention it.. The photos aren't showing now. I posted this before the whole goat spot site was updated, and now they have disappeared:( Here are a few photos of my birds!

Attached Files:

8. Shellshocker66

Shellshocker66 Wrapped around a hoof!

Mar 19, 2012
    Southern Oregon
    OH they are cute!!! How big do they get?

9. ETgoatygirl

Mar 23, 2012
    Poultry Show..

In answer to your question- Shellshocker66. D'Anvers weigh about 22-26 ounces. So, very small:)!
    I love these birds so much, and am very happy I got them.. Also, I wanted to share that I went to a poultry show with them last weekend. They did quite well, and I think we all had fun:) One of me hens won best of class, best of breed, and best of variety. Another one of my hens won reserve of class, reserve of breed and reserve of variety. Overall, I am very pleased with these awards.. They didn't win the show or anything, but did quite well! Man, these birds sure are my pride and joy!

10. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Congrats on your wins!