my beloved deer

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by alyssa_romine, Oct 17, 2007.

1. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    This past Sunday, my deer had to be put down due to injuries suffered when she was startled by a UPS truck. My cousin's goat was sold to a meat buyer after she showed at the State Fair. She didn't want to sell him to a meat buyer but she said that she had to. I am not sure why she felt this way but she said she wouldn't have gotten any more for him anywhere else. Both animals will be sadly missed.

2. Shelly

Shelly New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    California
    So sorry for your loss.((((hugs)))) Shelly

3. goat fever

goat fever New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Carlisle, PA
    Sorry for your loss. I bet it was really cool to own a pet deer. When my son sold his market wether I think I cried even harder than he did. In fact I still miss Rex. And the fair was the first week in August

4. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    It was very hard to handle both events in 2 days. I cried with my cousin and her grandma cried with her as well.

It was very cool to own a deer but I don't reccomend it unless you are prepared to handle bad situations like these. She was so sweet and was doing so well until that truck pulled up. Nobody was home at the time when she injurred herself so hubby came home to it and then the whole family was out there and al made the decision together.

5. samall

samall New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Iowa
    I'm so sorry for your losses. That is a lot of heartbreak in a short amount of time!

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh Alyssa i didn't know about the deer!! how is your father in law taking it? I know he really liked the deer. ((((hugs)))) to you girl

7. getchagoat (Julie)

getchagoat (Julie) New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    That's so heartbreaking. Sorry you all had to do that and see her injured.

8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Sorry for your loss. Sometimes it is for the best to put them in a better place. She was so sweet looking.(per pics on GW.)

9. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Thanks. She was very sweet. She loved people but not vehicles!! I do miss her.

10. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    OH NO!!!. How on earth did I miss this?
    I am so sorry about the loss of your beautiful deer. She was sweet as ever.

I just HATE it when people drive like that. :scratch: What makes them feel they can drive like fools? Someday it will come back to them

Again, I am so sorry for this

11. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I'm sorry for your loss, **HUGS**