The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd post some pictures of the sire of those two buck kids I posted about. I got him all cleaned up today so I could get new pictures for my website. He's just about a year and a half. Boy does he ever got the smell going though!! :roll: I had to change clothes and take a shower once I was finished up with him.

"JRA1 Agnew 2-Strict"

He was turned a bit in this picture, so that's why he looks kind of short.

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
Oh goodness, he's a monster! What a gorgeous buck! You must be so happy with him! I'm not much of a boer goat person, but he makes me want to get a few! :love: Very good looking guy!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks so much! I'm pretty happy with how this guy has grown up. And Liz, yup he's huge for sure, I'm thinking he weighs around 300 pounds. Too much for me to hold onto for sure!!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks!

Di, they don't always grow that way...but his are just unique I guess.

Olivia...well actually he's pretty calm until you grab a hold of him and then....it's a different story!! Trying to hold onto 300 pounds of wild buck is something else!! I usually have my older brother help me out, and we put him on this stand we have, and then we just roll him to the wash block and it raises up and down for easy clipping and such.

Just for the info....I did let go!! :)

Here's what we use to wash him on....I love this thing, it's a life saver for sure!!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, it takes one person pulling, and one person pushing from behind. :) Holding onto his collar, even though it has big prongs is almost impossible!!!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Boy- and I do mean boy- he's all buck. And he's only a year.
Have you tried a halter? It might give more control. But I think you are brave indeed. I think, if he was mine, he'd just have to go on stinking.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks everybody! Enjoytheride...no I actually haven't tried a halter...but the thing is I'm planning on showing him pretty soon. So he needs to get used to being led on a collar. Well, actually not ME showing him, one of my brothers. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts