My boer goats ...

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by keren, Mar 12, 2010.

1. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    just left, in a trailer, for their new (temporary) home in Victoria, 4 hrs away.

I'm :( I'm gonna miss em, particularly Effie my beautiful spoiled brat of a bottle baby house kid.

:sigh:

But, it had to be done. I'm gonna enjoy the freedom this will give me to travel for a couple years. :)

The hardest thing was Effie, crying all the way down the road in the trailer :tears:

They went to a good home, three little kids to play with, couple other goats, and they will be spoiled rotten, so thats good :thumb:

Two years will be over before I know it ...

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    :hug: That is rough to handle, I'm sorry :hug:

4. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    aw :hug: will they be breeding them?

5. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  7. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    thanks for the hugs. yesterday was hard but I'm looking at the silver lining ... the freedom to move around a bit, the opportunity to concentrate my time, effort and resources on developing my dairy herd, and the fact that I will have them back in 2 yrs time (actually I can have them back whenever I want if I terminate the lease :p )

yes, they will be breeding them. I thought about sticking them all in a paddock for a couple years with someone to feed out hay and just to check on them, but I honestly felt that they have too much to offer in terms of breeding stock, to just sit there idle for two years. So I decided to lease them. The people who take them get to keep all the kids born in two years. I think it is a great way for them to build up their own herd of show quality goats.

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Your welcome.... hugs again... :hug: :p

9. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    :hug: thats great you're helping others build their herd. hope you have fun traveling, and 2 years will go by fast!! ;)

10. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    that sounds like a nice term for a lease of a herd. Sorry you wont have them but at least you get ot keep some goats and you do get them back :hug: