The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My oldest and very first doe crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Tuesday August 6. I had been babying her for the last momnth as she was losing condition and had bouts of diarrhea.

I knew it was time to let her go and had my vet out to help her along, I held her head in my lap as she went to sleep and she knew just how much she's loved, vet had told me that her age was a factor with renal failure as he knows that my goats are well taken care of, there was nothing I could have done to prolong her life here with me.

My husband had suggested a week ago that should she pass, he wanted to have her cremated, which is what we did and was surprised to find a funeral home that did this for pets, Bootsie was left in the care of a very compassionate young lady on Tuesday evening and I brought her home yesterday, I have a hoof impression as well as a fur clipping and we decided that though part of her will always stay with us, she will be placed next to Hank and Dolly in the pasture.

My heart is broken, though I know she is in a much better place it hurts badly when I go to the shed or look out my kitchen window and she's not there :(
May my Bootsie Rest In Peace 5/27/2000-8/6/2013

·
4-H Secretary for Life ^.^
985 Posts
Lots of hugs and good wishes to you, because we all know that it isn't easy to lose a beloved pet.
:hug:;)

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Oh Liz :( so sorry! :hug: she had a great life and was greatly loved :hug:

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,090 Posts
Oh, Liz :hug: You did the right thing, and Bootsie had an amazing life full of love. She knew it too.

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
Im so sorry Liz , I know it hurts lots right now. :hug::hug:
She had a wonderful life with you and left you with many fond memories . Rest in peace sweet girl .

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
Maybe one day you can plant some flowers in memory of Bootsie
This way when you look out your window you can remember fond memories of her when you see "her" flowers .
Again , Im so sorry honey :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts