The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My two wethers pee every time I enter their area or when they think I'm coming in for a visit. They just pause and take a quick pee break. Then they race over for cuddles. Is this a normal behavior?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Lol I don't think it's just boys...my doelings do it too :) They just squat and pee when they see me. They do it as soon as I bring them in the house, too...when it's time to get a weight on them!

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,090 Posts
Lucky, I wish mine did that so I could check up on how they're peeing all the time. :laugh:

·
Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State
4,956 Posts
You know you can make any goat pee on demand. Just let them smell the smoke coming off a cigarette. Its about 50/50 if they will like it or not but all of em pee. It makes their bowl muscles contract and they pee :) I amazed my vet by showing him. Had 7 girls lined up along the fence line and quickly gave them all a whiff of a smoke. They all peed at the same time :)

·
RussellP
536 Posts
I have 19 does, when I approach them in the field It is like a chain reaction. Reminds me of a room full of people and someone yawns. I think it is just nervous excitement.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the feedback! I thought it must be a normal goat behavior since they do it as if on cue.

·
Registered
5,428 Posts
You know you can make any goat pee on demand. Just let them smell the smoke coming off a cigarette. Its about 50/50 if they will like it or not but all of em pee. It makes their bowl muscles contract and they pee :) I amazed my vet by showing him. Had 7 girls lined up along the fence line and quickly gave them all a whiff of a smoke. They all peed at the same time :)
EW! I think I'd rather not have them peeing for cigarette smoke.

·
8,266 Posts
Hey, that's a good excuse to start smoking again! (Just kidding- I quit 10 yrs. ago!).
Good to remember, if I need a goat urine sample!

·
2,377 Posts
Its weird and sometimes very awkward when we want to show our Does to non goat people. The Does get all nervous at the new comers visiting and all start peeing-creating an awkard moment for all the nonfarm people. ha ha .. its a goat thing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts