My buck is coming! He's here - Pictures!

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by Epona142, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    I'm so excited! I can hardly wait for husband to get home so we can go get him!

:stars:

Even though the lady says he's in rut and stinks to high heaven. :greengrin:

He was advertised as a pygmy buck, but someone here said he's not pure pygmy due to his coloring. I'd love to learn more about that tonight when I post pictures, to me, if he's a Nigi cross that's a huge bonus.

Nigerians cycle all year around right? Do pygmies? Does this mean he'll always be in rut? And if no, will he still breed a doe out of rut?

Expect pictures later this evening! :wave:

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Re: My buck is coming!

can't wait for pics.............. :cool:

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Oh I just can't wait to see pics!

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Yes, most mini's breed year round...and regardless of wether or not he's in rut he'll still be a buck and do all the nasty bucky things...year round, they only worsen in the fall.

Can't wait to see him!

5. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX

Oooh that sounds fun... well I can't say I wasn't warned, right? :wink:

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Yeppers....fair warning and welcome to the world of having yor own buck!! I've got 3....and believe me when I say the smaller they are the stinkier they'll be!
    My full pygmy is the worst...the PB Nigi is getting there and the littlest of them all is 7 months old and has the yellowest face and worse "perfume" :ROFL:

7. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon

Oh yes, he'll do "buck things" all year, it just gets worse in the fall! When we had pygmies, our pure-bred pygmy buck was THE WORST smelling buck ever! Wait, take that back, there was a smellier one at a show once (you could smell him a mile away, I'm dead serious!) Anywho, he smelled bad all year, but especially in the fall. Congrats on your new buck! Can't wait to see him! :D

8. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN

Our buck even though he is a boer smells bad year round but gets worse in the fall. My sister asked him what brand of colone he was wearing the other day! LOL!

9. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX

He's here!

Not very good pictures, but the best I could do for now, because he's in a kennel just so they can get used to each other first.

I thought Hope was in heat today, her vulva was a little swollen and red, but while he was more than interested in her, she showed none in him. Of course, he tried to get some action from Uno too . . . :roll:

And no joke about the smell! I can tolerate it in the open air, but in the car . . . :shocked:

Yuck! Hubby wasn't too happy. :ROFL:

So what do you think about him? Is he a Nigi/Pygmy cross?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh, and we're calling him . . . Buck. Real original, right? :wink:

10. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Oooooo....he is hansome! Congrats! I'd say for sure he's a cross of pygmy and nigerian, Although he may even be 3/4 nigi. Very purty either way!! You should have some cute babies w/ him!

11. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Oh he is pretty - and he is just nicely in rutt! You brought him home inside your car??? Oh, you poor thing :ROFL: :ROFL:

Congrats on him. He will bring you lots of nice babies!

12. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Oh my gosh, you guys were SO not joking! :sick:

I can STILL smell him on my hands! I think I can even taste him! :mecry:

Thanks for the compliments! Even covered in his special perfume, I think he's gorgeous. And I absolutely love his horns; I know a lot of people don't like horns but man I love them. So far he's been very well tempered and behaved, other than trying to mount everything in sight.

I am heading for the shower . . . can't wait to hear more about what you guys think! :hug:

13. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    yes now your keyboard will stink forever, Muahaha! yes he is very pretty, he does look like hes in a firey rutt, i think i can smell him, or that could be mine, hes stinkin up a storm

14. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    He is adorable! I do love his horns too. I like to look at them and use them as a handle, but they scare the dickens out of me when I get almost stuck!

I think it was on another tread here that I saw that goat milk soap will get the stink out.

15. nhsmallfarmer

nhsmallfarmer New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    New Hampshire
    he is very handsome congrats

16. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    I left the lead I used on him in the bathroom, and when I walked in, I could smell it! :ROFL:

That's okay, I can get used to it. Animal smells don't tend to bother me . . . now spray some expensive perfume and watch me run from the room! :wink:

Husband's exact words a minute ago: "If you're going to keep doing weird things like this, I want to buy a truck." :slapfloor:

Can't say I blame him. That sure was a powerful smell heh. Anyways, I love hearing what you guys think, and I can hardly wait until spring kids!

17. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    you do know that your car will smell for months right?

He is handsome. Very Nigerian Dwarf looking.

18. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    He is very nice! Congrats! He definitely has Nigi in him, I think more Nigi than Pygmy. His horns do look cool, just make sure he doesn't get stuck in fencing. . . . seems like my cousin's Boer goats (who have horns) are always getting stuck somewhere. :roll:

19. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    We covered the back of the car in towels and its leather and he was in a crate . . . but I hear you, it's going to smell for a bit! I can already guess what hubby will be doing tomorrow. :ROFL:

We have chain link fencing, which I hope he'll keep his horns out of! The other two haven't had any trouble yet, so I'll just make sure to keep an eye on him.

I'm glad he's more Nigi, that will make for some cute kids, I don't know how I'll stand the wait!

How long should I keep them separated? A few days? Also, the owner said he was around four or five. How long can a buck service does? I imagine its longer than most does should safely kid.

Thanks for all the nice words about him. :)

20. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    When I picked up one of the bucks a year ago I didnt wash my hands before driving him back to my house (had to lift him into my truck). Well I paid my cousin to clean the uphostry as I must have touched something and everytime I got into my truck I smelled it.