my Buck!!

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by AlaskaBoers, May 26, 2008.

1. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    He's driving me crazy, first he looked fine, then he developed nasty scabd on his testicles, and now i think he's got a cold ; he's got a little eye discharge and a stuffy nose. i think it may be the temperature change? its gone from 30-70 in the past 2 weeks. or maybe rain? i'm sorta lost. and we have a big buck show in 1 month.

About the scabs; i put polysporin on and dabbed some ACV on them too, i did this for two days then stopped, they seem worse! but his eyes seem to stop running as much. besides these things, he's fine, he eating greens well, drinking lots, running and butting fences, his usual! thanks if anyone could give me a cure?? :)

2. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Do you have a lot of black flies, mosquitos or stable flies around? They could be eating on him.
    I try to keep treating any skin problem for at least a couple of days after it looks all better as skin problems have a tendency to keep coming back?

3. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    yes in our area there are lots of flies and mosquitoes, some believe that the mosquitoes are so large here that they should be the state bird, instead of the ptarmigan! -anyway, i use a lice. fly and moquito spray on all of my goats, and he's the only one who has this.

4. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    You could try some tea tree oil on the scab. If you think it is being caused by bugs then you could try some Swat on it.
    Some Vet RX, if you have it, would probably do him some good too.

Do you have a temp on him? What do his lungs sound like?

5. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    I'll take his temp tommorrow , his lungs sound great, but he sniffles alot. I will try the oil, it should soothe it. good idea, thanks