My bucks! What do you think?!?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Muddy Creek Farm, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Here are three of my bucks. Could you please rate them #1, #2 and #3 for me please? And tell me why you put them there?

Kids Corral LB Blue 2 The Max "Blue". Born 5-12-07.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Gateway Hollywood Nights "Hollywood". Born 5-23-07
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Kids Corral CVF Rewind "Rewind". Born 7-1-07
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. hornless

hornless New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    1 Hollywood
    2 Blue
    3 Rewind

Hollywood is the most level buck, with a nice flat rump and smooth blending throughout. He has a nice neck and head, and a good escutcheon, along with feet and legs.

At first glance, I thought Blue was the nicest, as he has such tremendous style. I placed him 2nd as he is not quite as level with a slightly steeper rump. Love his escutcheon and lovely neck.

I placed Rewind last for the apparent dip in the chine and the lack of blending as shown in the other bucks (which he still has though).

I'm still learning though! They are all very nice.

3. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Thanks! Rewind was all sun burnt so I couldn't punch him down, and was being very naughty and wanted to go to the girl's fence, lol. The other two were so well behaved, like gentlemen :greengrin:

4. hornless

hornless New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Ah, that must have had something to do with it :) I love all your bucks, you have very good taste.. Do you still have Senshi?

5. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

ok here are my placings

1. rewind
    2. hollywood
    3. blue
    I feel the real compition is between the first two bucks. i feel that rewind fairly easily moves himself to the top being longer bodied smoother blended and over all a more dairy buck. He will grant a nicer topline to hollywood. But rewind has a longer more dairy neck and straighter front legs. he has more width through the hips and has more width from hips to pins and is flatter from thurl to thurl. he is higher and wider through the escutchen.
    Hollywood is a dairy buck that has good rear leg width and is very deep bodied and wedgy. he has good short pasturns and a pretty dished clean head. he has a nice smooth set of shoulders that lie flat agaisnt his withers.
    blue is a nice wide buck but i would like to his shoulders lieing more flat against his withers. he is a very uphill buck but doesnt have the length from hips to pins that the other two bucks have.

beth