The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my grandmother and I noticed my 16 year old (or older) cat Precious drinking a lot of water lately. Which basically means she has some kidney problems. It saddens me that this might actually be her last summer :sigh:

She has been a good cat, brought me through lots of little things and some big moments in my life. But I am not going to dispair she has lived a good and long life and as long as she is here I will enjoy her.

Besides the drinking you would hardly know she was having issues, unless you spotted her last meal on the ground or petted her and felt the ridge of her back. She is lively and still very friendly.

I love you my Precious :love:

·
Crazy Goat Lady
4,324 Posts
What a great attitude. When Harry goes, we will have a party to cellibrate the great long life he had, and how much fun he was to have around. Don't let her suffer any indignity, sometimes the extra "intake" doesn't match the "excretions"(?), and they get bloated.

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
I also have noticed one of my dogs (at least 12 years old), has been peeing a lot also. I have not noticed the drinking. This poor guy has been hit by three different cars. No matter what we do he will NOT or I should say WOULD not stay in the yard, now he hears a car and he runs home. He is having trouble getting in and out of the doggie door, so I am right with you Stacey. I just pray that I will know when it is time to do something or that nature just takes it course.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Stacey - I'm so glad that she's with you during her final time. It sounds like she has lived a great life and has been excellently taken care of. I hope she goes easily for both of you.

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts
Stacey, thats an excellent attitude to have, I too have a 16 year old kitty...Sassy has no teeth and eats a specific type of canned cat food and she is literally screaming for me to feed her every 5 minutes but beyond that she has and always had a very good life, I'm sure Precious will let you know when she's tired. I honestly feel that when a pet is loved they strive to live a long life to please us, no matter their pain or suffering, and they have ways to let you know when they aren't happy. I am happy that I have an old cat...she and my 13 year old cocker are "the originals" as my hubby calls them, and I hope to have Sassy for a few more years, my dog...he may go longer than I would want him to as he does have some health issues and has his bad days but the good are more often, Precious knows you love her. :hug:

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
she is a good bossy cat, always want her way. But my mom will let her lay by her on her chair as she goes through her planner or just sitting there doing something. My grandmom lets her inside her house but only during the day. she has a weak bladdar so we cant let her inside at night - which is ok with her, she actually rather be outside during the night anyway.

I need to get some pictures of her - I have them but they are mixed in with my goat pictures and I don't know where to look for them right now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts