The Goat Spot Forum banner

My crazy show goat! Ugh!

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  Boers4ever 
#1 ·
So I heard a crash late last night. I know, never good. But I just figured that it was my crazy show doe playing with her ball again. Well apparently she DUG A HOLE under the fence and crawled into the buck pen next door to her. I'm not sure if she's bred or not but she's only 5 months old so she definitely not old enough to breed and she cannot be bred for show. I don't know if she was in heat but my other buck (he's my main buck I use) was very interested in her. So now I'm not sure what to do. I guess I could lute if she's actually bred, I don't want to but I could. So now I'm wondering, will my local vet have the lute? And how long until I can give it to her? Here's a pic of her trying to get out again.
Vertebrate Mammal Grass Wood Pet supply

See less See more
#11 ·
LOL! What a little hussy, I love it. Mine recently did a similar thing, also 5 months old. I had a good time telling her how naughty she was with her Romeo and Juliet stunt.

So I heard a crash late last night. I know, never good. But I just figured that it was my crazy show doe playing with her ball again. Well apparently she DUG A HOLE under the fence and crawled into the buck pen next door to her. I'm not sure if she's bred or not but she's only 5 months old so she definitely not old enough to breed and she cannot be bred for show. I don't know if she was in heat but my other buck (he's my main buck I use) was very interested in her. So now I'm not sure what to do. I guess I could lute if she's actually bred, I don't want to but I could. So now I'm wondering, will my local vet have the lute? And how long until I can give it to her? Here's a pic of her trying to get out again.
View attachment 190741

#12 ·
Hi again! Little stinker Sunshine just passed two weeks since she maybe got bred. We fortified the fence and put blocks in the hole. No problems since then. Her and the little buck are best friends, and it’s so cute that they both act like they’ll die without seeing one another. I’m going to be selling the buck and moving Sunshine out on a green pasture in a few weeks. So she’ll be very distraught.
Anyway, back on topic, is there a late time to give her lute? Like can I wait too long and miss my shot at luting her or can I wait until Christmas or so? Also, can I lute her without knowing if she’s bred or not? Sorry for so many questions about this, but I have never had to deal with this before.

#14 ·
Yes, you can lute even if she isn't. The longer you wait, the bigger the potential kid would be. The fetus would be about 12 weeks or so at Christmas, so still fairly small, but you would have a bit more of a mess when she aborts than if you did it early one.

She's a cutie! Hard to believe that angelic face would hide such a little devil! LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.