my dear sweet boy

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by Dairy Goat Lovers, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Dairy Goat Lovers

Dairy Goat Lovers New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Washington State
    i just wanted to post on here that i lost my buddy patches this past Thursday early morning. i had him since he was 5 days old. i got him from the auction. he had health problems this past august and was in the hospital for a week in august.. he had fluid in his lugs that they tapped out and he had breathing problems but he got stabilized and with our bad weather we have been having with warm and then cold switching constantly he redeveloped it again and we would treat him and he get stabilized again but each time he got re sick he lost a little more of his reserve...and it finally was to much for him...he went quietly in his sleep...he was born April-15-1996 and died October-15-2009 .... exactly 6 months after he turned 13 and 6 months before he would of turned 14....i miss him greatly he was the last animal that i had from when i was a child.... i had him since i was 12 years old.... he was a nubian alpine wether mix :tears: :tears: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:

he will be greatly missed
    rest in peace my dear patches :angel: :angel:

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    awe I am so sorry :hug:

I know you would have loved to have him longer but wow 13 years is a good long life, you cared for him well

3. Dairy Goat Lovers

Dairy Goat Lovers New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Washington State
    patches was a Nubian alpine mix wether....he was the sweetest goat ever.i never trained him on a halter but he was perfect on a halter...he loved my whole family but he was mine and and he obeyed me only and would only eat from my hand when he was in the hospital.....i don't know if you remember my twin sister writting about her boy strawberry on here but patches and strawberry were both bought from the auction and strawberry was 10 days old..we got them on April-20-1996...they were the very first goats that we had...patches and strawberry lived for only each other.strawberry broke his leg in 2001 and we had them in a field down the road so we check them every other day because we knew that they had plenty of water and food to eat...anyway when we went to check on the animals we found strawberry with a broken front leg compond fracture and patches had been bring him grass in his mouth to strawberry to eat and bring him water to drink because it was august and it can get hot around here.....long story short patches cared deeply about strawberry and vice versa...when strawberry died patches never became close to another sheep or goat we had living with him...i have to have my twin help me put on here some pictures that i have of him so you can see how gorgeous he was and how sweet he looked...i could go on and on and on like anybody could when they lose a dear pet...but i won't....i believe that right now strawberry and patches have been reunited in heaven and they are both whole and free from anything that plagued them while they were on earth...they are having a grand ole time

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am so sorry... for your loss... :( ....it is never easy.... :hug:

5. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I am so sorry for your loss. It is so hard. Isn't it amazing how they get to us? I would not have it any other way either.

:pray: Just know that he was so happy here on earth with you until it was time to go see his maker. He will be meeting you in the heaves someday.

6. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I am so very sorry to hear of your loss........you gave him such a wonderful long full life, which makes loosing him so hard because he has been such a part of your life for many years.... I hope to be blessed to have my boys for as many years as you had Patches. :hug:
    Take care, Denise

7. Molly&Monica

Molly&Monica New Member

Sep 9, 2009
    Loma, CO
    Oh I am so sorry for you! I have to believe he and Strawberry are happy to see each other and I hope you are comforted by that as well. :hug:

8. happyhogs

happyhogs Member

Oct 12, 2009
    awww, I'm so sorry hon but it sounds like you gave him a wonderful life and he was much loved. Big hugs xx

9. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    I am so sorry for your loss. :hug:

10. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    :hug: So sorry your beloved boy left you. My goodness, he had a wonderful life! 13 years is a long life for any critter and you are so lucky to have had him in your heart, he knew that too :hug: