My doe is in heat!!! 3 does bred!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by alyssa_romine, Sep 24, 2008.

1. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    I am so happy to see her in actual standing heat! I have one doe in with the buck that i have seen in heat once but i didnt want to miss another heat cycle since she is being bred for 4-H projects....The doe that was in standing heat is Gabby, one of my blue eyed myotonic does. I have been anticipating this breeding since she was just a few months old. She is my most correct doe and I lover her to death. She is black and white with blue eyes and horns...the buck she is being bred to is tri colored, well more like quad colored and he is soooo gorgeous! Both come from great lines! take a look at their pics below.

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Re: My doe is in heat!!!

Allright!!! You should be getting some awesome kids from that breeding...she is a beauty, he's a really nice buck too...his level line and pattern should definately show in his kids.

3. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho

beautiful pair!!! (I'm happy for you--- I had to keep our neighbor's Nubian buck for 2 weeks before my does came into standing heat.) Congrats!!!

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

I bet they will make beautiful babies. :love:

5. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas

Thanks the awesome part about the buck is that he has CASHMERE!!!!! He is a little underweight and I was leery of breeding him but I have traded him to someone to pay off debt. I will be keeping a few of his daughters

6. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX

WOW! She is stunning! :drool:

He's really handsome too. I'm looking forward to seeing the results of such a beautiful pairing. :)

7. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas

Thank you so much Epona!!

8. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Re: My doe is in heat!!! Another doe bred!

Now the Boer doe that i put in with my buck last week is showing signs of being in heat....she was letting the buck mount her and she was rubbing on him a bit. So I have that on my calendar. Im not sure if she will take but we will see. See her pic in my avatar and below.

9. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

sounds like you have some babies coming in 5 months!

10. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.

WOW!!! gabby is gorgeous!!! Love the horns on that buck!!!! you should have some beautiful kids!!!! I wish I had a boer that looked like Gabby-

11. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine

Wow, your Gabby is stunning! Such distinct color lines. Oh, anticipating her breeding, and being able to follow her pregnancy.

12. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas

Thanks, Gabby is a Myotonic. Sheba, the last doe pictured is a Boer. She is a pretty girl.

Thanks for all the comments! :wahoo:

13. alyssa_romine

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    And I have yet another doe bred! She is a good looking boer doe as well......she is the grand daughter of TLB T333 Ripper!!! see her pic below. her name is Sassy