My Dolly 5/7/2007

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by liz, May 7, 2008.

1. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    This is sort of a memorium for My Dolly. She passed away in my arms at @11 am Monday May 7th of last year. Even though it's been a year I still miss her sweet face and gentle brown eyes. It breaks my heart all over again remembering her laboring on the 6th to give me the 2 beautiful black doelings that sadly were so tangled inside that I had to pull them dead. The trauma she went through still tears me apart. I remember bringing her home, the man I bought her from when she was 4 months old had her in a feed sack with her head sticking out, it was ironic that I put her in a feed sack for her burial..so she left me as she came to me. Sitting here I can see her grave on the hill above the barn and find it odd that theres still bare spots that haven't grassed over yet.

She was the only one of my girls that would get me when she was ready to have her babies, her first time she grabbed me by the pantleg and led me to her stall and proceeded to give me 2 beautiful girls, 2nd time she kept hollering on the moniter and would not quit til I went and sat with her while she gave me triplets , she kidded 2 more times before this last horrific one that took her from me, and I am so grateful to her for giving me the beautiful babies and abundant milk that she did...as well as her sweet and gentle nature...and even though she was the quietest of my girls, she was the "queen".....and still is in my heart. That's why I chose to name my little herd Dollys Acre as I hope to be able to do her justice with continuing to have sweet natured babies born with her name in theirs.

[​IMG]

This was the last picture I took of her, just a week before she went into labor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    You make me miss her too- rest in peace Dolly.

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Oh she was beautiful, I know how hard it is losing goats, I still miss the first ones we lost. :hug:

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Thank you, It took me a very long time to be able to do this...She was my first and only true pygmy doe and my very first loss, it still makes me bawl when I remember that awful night. :(

5. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I am so sorry, she will never be forgotten and will live on in your heart (and of course goatie heaven) She looked so sweet and gentle.

:hug: