The Goat Spot Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Thank you for posting this! I’ll definitely have to give it a try! We have minor copper issues with our herd and I’m not sure about selenium. Our goats are always just a little low on zinc since their tails are on the verge of being considered a fish tail, and their skin is just a bit rough. We just got zinc pills for them and I plan on trying those, but I’ll definitely keep this herb blend in mind! Thanks again! Your boys are GORGEOUS!

·
Registered
Goat Mentor
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thank you for posting this! I'll definitely have to give it a try! We have minor copper issues with our herd and I'm not sure about selenium. Our goats are always just a little low on zinc since their tails are on the verge of being considered a fish tail, and their skin is just a bit rough. We just got zinc pills for them and I plan on trying those, but I'll definitely keep this herb blend in mind! Thanks again! Your boys are GORGEOUS!
I wouldn't throw out your boluses, but I would say it has given me a ton of time in between, so try it and see how their symptoms look! Copper is fishtail, not zinc.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Ok, I got my Kop-sel and kelp order in!
I realized it says nowhere on the Fir Meadows site how much herb to how much kelp, for the free choice option.
Would you please share your mixing recipe?
Thanks

·
Registered
Goat Mentor
7,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Ok, I got my Kop-sel and kelp order in!
I realized it says nowhere on the Fir Meadows site how much herb to how much kelp, for the free choice option.
Would you please share your mixing recipe?
Thanks
16oz herbs to 10lbs kelp.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm really interested in trying this strategy as we have significant mineral uptake issues in our goats, probably due to hard water. Is there any benefit to the LoH one versus KopSel? I see the LoH one includes a lot more ingredients but that doesn't always mean better.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts