The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chinese cheater meatballs-- will let you all know how they turn out.

I had some frozen meatballs "just plain" and asked daughter what sauce and type noodle she wanted alongside. I was thinking spaghetti, or Swedish meatballs with egg noodles and a Swedish type sauce. Then I saw a bottle of soy sesame sauce in my pantry and I asked my "all things Asian" loving daughter what she thought of Chinese noodles and meatballs. She thought that sounded great and begged for those.
So the plan is meatballs, soy sesame sauce, and beef ramen noodles and their seasoning packet. It may be terrible or wonderful! We'll see! LOL :cool:

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well the results are, a very flavorful and rich meatball and noodle dish. It was a little too rich for me, so when I make it again I will either do one of two things. I will either add shredded carrot, onion and chopped broccoli and make a whole meal in a pan or I will reduce the amount of soy sesame sauce a little. That said I WILL be making this again, simple, quick, and very tasty. Just needs a little adjustment!​

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used great value brand homestyle frozen meatballs, two pkgs beef ramen noodles, and a half a bottle of soy sesame sauce. I used about a third of a bag of meatballs, I used a big skillet and put three cups of water in the skillet, half the bottle of sauce and the two pkgs of seasoning out of the beef ramen noodle and the frozen meatballs still frozen in the skillet and brought all that to a boil, I let it boil long enough to cook the meatballs and get the flavor of the sauce into them, then I broke the ramen noodles into small pieces and put them into the broth in the skillet. I had to kind of stick them in between the meatballs, and I let them boil til they softened then I took a fork and scrambled them up and stirred it all around and continued boiling til done. The whole meal prep. cooking and all took twenty minutes. I know because I popped some frozen eggs rolls in the oven at the beginning and they were done at the same time as the noodle dish and they were supposed to cook 18-20 minutes in the oven.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just wanted to be sure no one confuses regular soy sauce for soy sesame sauce, soy sesame is meant to be used as a marinade and is thicker, sweeter, and less salty. If you cant find it probably a teriyaki sauce would work. I found this at big lots in the internstionsl foods section and it is zenzao brand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts