The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this morning I went to feed my goats and I noticed one of them was on the ground and the other ones were all around her and she would not stand up. I went over and picked her up and put her in a pen by herself however she is trying to get up but seems to lack the energy to get up. I don't know what I should do at this point,I will try to find a vet tomorrow morning praying that she will still be alive in the morning. Can anybody please shed any kind of light onto why she would just fall ill like this. thank you

Registered
Check her lower inner eye lid for color..you want to see red to deep pink. If pale, she is anemic and needs support and deworming. Get her temperature (101.5-103.5 is normal range) listen for rumen sounds gassed and burps. Offer her hay, alfalfa and/or browse food and make sure she drinks.
Give b complex shot now and probiotics to support her.

Reactions: JML Farms

Registered
Reactions: Moers kiko boars

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She is still not getting up. I gave her probiotics, and a dose of penicillin. Rubbing her legs , her head is elevated on pillows, have a fan blowing on her, and as of now she is breathing real fast.
How are things this morning? Did your goat make it through the night? Were you able to find a vet?
he last time I took a goat to the vet, he culled it. He suspected CT...but never tested. I kind of stay away from the vet with livestock.
@Ronaldcouch45 hows your doe doing?
She passed away today. Thank you for asking. I'm 馃槶

Registered
Oh..im sorry she didn't make it. Sounds like you gave her support in the end.

Reactions: JML Farms
1 - 13 of 13 Posts