The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Meet Minted Legacy's White Spots! His father, Lil Mill Creek a Lively Legacy, has a Champion designation. He's out of Woodview and Wingwood bloodlines--in fact, he is a third cousin to this year's Wingwood Spotlight Sale Nubian buck, who sold for $7300. (I did not know the last part until after I bought him, hahaha!)

He's 11 months old, and his smell is not totally offensive. So far, he is very respectful of people, and he's being good to the girls. My best doe is due to go into heat any day now, so hopefully in 5 months or so I will be able to see what kind of kids he throws. (I know the picture is kinda blurry)
Spottybuck.jpg

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He's going to need a lot of training.... Look at the size of him, and he's only 11 months old. He's never been trained to walk on a lead, and he's never had a hoof trim (despite that, his hooves aren't terrible). In another month or so when he goes out of rut, I get to have lots of fun with him. Better now, than in another year. He Does Not Like his Replamin doses. (He's going a little brown so he's getting dosed for copper.) He will wipe his face on me and the does, and then he has to go wash his mouth out in the water bucket.

His dam's nothing special, sadly. All the great genes are on his father's side. She at least has a decent udder. Not great attachment, but well shaped with nice teats. Still, he's nicely dairy with a deep brisket.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Very nice young buck! Well since the genetics of female udders are also carried by the dam..get him an equal doe to his fathers history. Youll have some very dairy kids!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The doe I'm wanting him to breed with is out of Kastdemur and Lakeshore Farms lines, and she's about a mile long with a wide rump, so, I think the kids will be spectacular :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts