My First Goat Sketch ...

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by Julie, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Julie

Julie New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Southern PA
    I've been drawing all of my life. But I must say I've never tried a goat sketch before ... till now. SO this is my first ever Goat Sketch.

Little Lily ...

[​IMG]

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    you did a very nice job - congrats!

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    she is selling personalized drawlings people for 20.00 a piece!!! That is a BARGAIN!!!

I am getting one done, I can't wait

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Oh, Julie!! That is beautiful!! Looks just like her too!! You must have the patience of a Saint too, being a farmwife/mommy!! Great job. You certainly have a gift.

5. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Julie, that is so awesome!!! Congrats on the beautiful drawing!!!!

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    WOW, that is gorgeous. I can not even draw a stick person :shocked:

7. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Your sketch is fully of personallity- I would know that goatie if I saw her. Very good.

8. Julie

Julie New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Southern PA
    (blushing) THANKS SO MUCH !!! I have been drawing ever since I can remember - and now Jasmine (4yrs old) is showing her creativity - she really likes drawing to :) And painting, and pretty much any art stuff. Mommy's little artist :D

Anyway, thanks everyone ! And yes - as Stacey mentioned - I can do sketches for anyone - all I need is a pic of what you want drawn :) Only $20 :D Done on professional drawing paper.

It takes me a while to draw a pic - because I'm funny - I have a bit of "perfectionist" in me - and I won't call it done until I get every single little detail exactly how I want it - and even after that I sometimes add to it yet ...lol. My BIG thing is DETAILS ... Details are important to me, and I try to get them exact.
    The pic of Lily - (in case you's don't know what this is...) the lighter spots are "highlights" on her fur from Light hitting her coat and making it somehwhat shiney/lighter looking in those areas. She is solid black - but the pic I used to look off of - she has alot of "light" spots and areas on her - so that's what the real light areas are. :)

9. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    You got her down on paper exactly as she is in this pic!
    [​IMG]

10. lacy_94

lacy_94 New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    North Fla
  11. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    I wish you lived closer so I could get some lessons. :roll: Have you seen my first attempt at a goat yet Julie?

12. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    That is a very nice drawing!! You are good at doing that. :)