My first Hoegger's catalog...

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by logansmommy7, Feb 19, 2010.

1. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    So, I got my first Hoegger's catalog, and it is WONDERFUL! It is so full of useful information, and to me, the prices seem reasonable. What do you guys think? Have they been a good resource for you?

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    :thumbup: Absolutely! And they have a variety of many useful things...I frequent my orders with cheese cultures and other dairy stuff as well as goat neccessities.

3. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

I love hoeggers!!! The best!!

4. WarPony

WarPony New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Michigan
    I got one, too... only thing is I never signed up to get it! No clue how they got my address but I love it! It has as much info in it as some of the books I am reading.

5. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California
    I am a big fan of Hoegger's and I really like that it's a family organization. I buy most of my stuff from them... buuuut, I have to say, Jeffer's is usually cheaper. I could have saved a fair bit of $$ if I had bought my disbudding iron, tattoo set, and kidding supplies there... but, I still :love: Hoegger's :)

6. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I just got a Hoegger's catalog the other day! I really really like them....Hoegger's and Jeffers and the main places I buy my supplies from.

7. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    Yes, I love their catalog! I might cut out some of the back pages from last years catalog (I don't want to cut up this years yet) The pages are so informative.

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Jeffers is 9 times out of 10 cheeper especially when you count in shipping - it is free with Jeffers and if you order more then 50.00 worth they cut out the 5.00 handling charge. Not so with Hoeggers, their shipping prices are fairly steep.

they have some stuff that jeffers doesnt carry like the milking stuff. But other then that I would order everything from Jeffers. Thats just me

9. goatkid

goatkid New Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Montana
    Free shipping from Jeffers? The one time I ordered some meds from them it cost more than when I got stuff from Hoeggers. Maybe it's because I live in Montana. I like some of the stuff Hoeggers sells. We get our cheese supplies there and I like those non vac pop bottle nipples. Most of the time I drive to Great Falls to buy goat supplies. They have a place called Walco and also Western Ranch Supply with generic meds comparable to or less than Jeffers peices.

10. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Good to know-guess I will be requesting a Jeffer's catalog!

11. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 New Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    YES-that is what I liked so much about Hoeggers!

12. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    free shipping on anythign that is not biological -- but still I have priced it out and its cheeper then hoeggars at least to me :shrug:

Anythign Jeffers pet there is shipping unless combined with jeffers livestock or jeffers equine and then if the livestock/equine is more then the pet the shipping/handling costs are not there (if over 50.00) sorry its confusing but once you do it a couple times you get it.